Thursday 5 May 2011

JINNYlash Semi-Permanent Eyelash Extensions

If you are a regular reader of my blog you'll know I'm kinda obsessed with my makeup, especially mascara. I love long, lush dark lashes and have tried dyeing and I love the way my eyes look when the lovely Nancy from Brideface applies individual false lashes, but while they look fab they are a one night only deal.  So you can imagine my excitement when I got the chance to try JINNYlash semi-perminent eyelash extensions; seriously I could have peed my pants I was so excited (don't worry I didn't).

JINNYlash is the original, revolutionary technique in semi-permanent eyelash extensions and is suitable for anyone who wants to achieve longer, fuller eyelashes. JINNYlash extensions are renowned for their natural-looking finish and last between five and eight weeks. The treatment involves attaching up to 100 lashes onto each eye and because each synthetic lash is attached onto each natural eyelash, the end result is fuller, longer, natural-looking lashes.

before eyelash extensions
Normally if I'm headed out of the house whether it's to Bounce and Rhyme or a nice night out I need to curl my lashes, put on mascara, eyeliner and eyeshadow. I love a defined eye and my eyelashes in their natural state are translucent. If I don't have on mascara you can't see them.  So you can imagine how exciting the idea of full, dark lashes all day, everyday would be to me.

The treatment lasts around ninety minutes and if you wear contacts be sure you have them out as you'll be laying down with your eyes shut the entire time.  I had my treatment at my absolute favourite salon in Glasgow: The Beauty Store.

The Beauty Store is an amazing hidden gem off of Royal Exchange Square and you'll feel like you're in the lap on luxury the moment you walk in the door. The salon is impeccably stylish with black and white wallpaper and sparkling chandeliers; I know they say not to judge a book by it's cover, but you can judge a salon by it's style and you trust me here you are in for a real treat.

jinnylash eyelash extensions false
I know it sounds strange but it was remarkably relaxing to have hundreds of lashes applied to my eyes and the end result, well judge for yourself but in three words: AH-MAZ-ING. The look incredibly natural, but glamorous at the same time. My eyes look larger and more defined and I haven't felt the need to put on makeup just to leave the house.

I've had the lashes in for a week now and while some have fallen out (there is no way of knowing what stage your natural lashes are in so some will shed) they still look full, dark and lush.  I was planning on flutter my lashes while I shook it at my friend's 30th birthday, but I got sick and couldn't go. I'm still in shock the lashes have stayed put since I got sick basically the evening I got them.

The Beauty Store charges £95 for a full application of JINNYlash lashes and included in the price is a touch up appointment (to replenish those that have fallen out naturally) 2 weeks later! Appointments can be made by phoning 0141 204 224 or you can book online. Let them know I sent you! JINNYlash is also available at the Jinny Salon in London and other fine salons in the UK.

Transatlantic Blonde was provided this treatment to review but the opinions expressed are her own.

12 comments:

Hoping For Hunter said...

Those are some amazing results!! Are you wearing mascara in the after photo?

Hay Hay said...

Oh my gosh, that's pretty darn amazing! They look fabulous!!

Melaina25 said...

No makeup of any kind in the after shot!

Lil'Misa said...

wow that is pretty cool. I'd love to have lashes like that

Sarah said...

wow! They look great!

Thepmala said...

They look great!

MegsinWales49 said...

Wow! Tempting...

MrsBro... said...

Those are amazing results. _taps chin_ should i??

Little M said...

You are right, I love this! You know I love my makeup and beauty items. I would love to do this but £95 is a bit steep. However, in my time before Little M I would have been there in a heart beat. Your eyes looks amazing! Maria xx

Sally Todd said...

They look amazing! I have often wondered past the beauty bar at Westfields Shopping Centre in London and been tempted but just never had the courage! I feel a bit more confident having read this so thank you! Sadly my lashes are a pathetic excuse and temporary false ones a complete disatster. The two boys in my family are blessed with enviously long lashes which to be quite frank is a pure waste!

Melaina25 said...

No mascara in the after photo.

Melaina25 said...

I would certainly commit 10 on 10 for such incredible cognition.

false eyelashes