It is actually hard to find recipes that are just egg-free since more recipes tend to be vegan or okay for other food allergies so most of what I make for Blondie Boy are recipes that just also happen to be egg free but aren't specifically designed with egg allergies in mind if that makes sense.
The recipe is really easy and it is a good one for getting your toddler involved since there is an assembly line at the end. Blondie Boy had a great time helping out but may have more than once held a donut in front of his mouth and smirked before dunking it in the butter mix. Cheeky toddlers!
I found this recipe on The Fresh Fridge and altered slightly.
Egg-Free Mini Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins
|Notice he couldn't even wait for me to snap a pic before he snagged one!|
- 1 cup caster sugar (1/2 for batter, 1/2 for coating)
- 8 TBSP Butter (4TBSP melted for batter & 4TBSP melted for coating)
- Generous sprinkle ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour/plain flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375/190 degrees (I did 180 in my fan assisted oven) and prep a 24 mini muffin pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in 1/2 cup white sugar, 1/4 cup melted butter, and nutmeg and mix. Add in 1/2 cup milk and mix until combined. Slowly add in the dry ingredients (1 tsp. baking powder and 1 cup flour) until combined.
- Pour batter until half full in muffin pan holes. Place in preheated oven and bake for 15-18 minutes.
- While the muffins are baking, get out 2 more bowls. In the first one, melt the remaining 1/4 cup of butter and set aside. In the second bowl, mix together remaining sugar (1/2 cup) and ground cinnamon and set next to the melted butter to create an assembly line.
- Remove muffins from oven when an inserted toothpick comes clean (It only took 15 minutes in my oven). Remove muffins from tin and start assembly line by dipping muffins into melted butter and then coating with the cinnamon/sugar mixture. (This is the best place to get your toddler involved. Have them drop the muffins in the butter and then shake them in the sugar mixture).
- Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container