Tuesday 11 March 2014

What I Wore Wednesday: House of Fraser SS14 Preview

I was lucky enough to get invited to House of Fraser's Spring/Summer 2014 preview earlier this month at the gorgeous Kibble Palace in Glasgow's Botanic Gardens.  Kibble Palace is a giant glass greenhouse (that description doesn't do it justice) and it was transformed into the most amazing fashion space for us that evening.

House of Fraser Glasgow


Kibble Palace was bathed in pink light, with giant paper flowers displays to compliment the botanical surroundings. Key looks and bags were on display and didn't look out of place next to a giant koi pond and statue of Venus. I'd never been to a fashion preview in a greenhouse before but it made perfect sense to preview the likes of  Maxmara, McQ, Acne and Linea.






Of course wandering around I fell in love with a ridiculously amazing Louboutin bag (damn my expensive taste) that would cost me at least a month's wages if not more. Knowing I'd be certain to drop said bag in a puddle the second I bought it I just lusted from afar.


House of Fraser Glasgow

Some this season's trends are not for me. I'm not someone who will bare her midriff (y'all don't want to see the c-section muffin top combo) and sheer panel skirts just aren't my thing. However I feel head over heels in love with their biker chic look by Armani Jeans and Levi. And who doesn't love Breton stripes?


House of Fraser Glasgow

Casual chic biker--who knew? I like to think I'm vaguely edgy so it really is no surprise that I was drawn to an amazing leather jacket and the perfect jeans. I've been in a bit of a style funk of late evidenced by my outfit for the event below. I felt woefully underdressed and unhip in last year's studded sweater and jeans but I've just lost inspiration of late.

Glasgow Fashion Bloggers

It is still pretty cold here in Glasgow so I think I'm just not thinking Spring yet but hopefully as we move into March I'll get more of my spring trend on!

What spring trends are you most looking forward to?

*****

House of Fraser Glasgow has an exclusive March offer

Relax with a glass of bubbly and enjoy 20%t off at the House of Mary boutique at House of Fraser Glasgow this March! Exclusive to i-on readers, staff will take care of your every shopping need.   


To book your styling session, Tel: 0844 800 3728 ext 2409. 
Offer is valid 01 - 31 March 2014. 
*****



Let's be friends! Find me here:

38 comments:

Melaina25 said...

I am just looking forward to spring ( really no snow) Looks like you had a fun time

Melaina25 said...

LOL I curse my expensive taste sometimes too.

Melaina25 said...

Thanks for sharing images from this fab event!


Rebecca
www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

Melaina25 said...

Looks like a fun event! Your top and jeans combo is nice and casual and most likely comfy too - doesn't look bad to me at all! :)

Away From Blue

Melaina25 said...

Oh wow, I feel so 'with it' now! I'm wearing a blue&white striped top right now! I love the biker style too and the stripes. I hope you come out of your 'funk' soon, I love your awesome style

Melaina25 said...

I've just linked up to my first ever, What I Wore Wednesday. What a lovely idea! Also it looks like a great event that you went to, I'm really looking forward to the festival spring/summer trend this year.

Melaina25 said...

Same here...I'm not doing the midriff style (or you will see a muffin top/divided tummy muscles after three 10-11 lbs babies:). I do love blazers for spring worn with worn skinny jeans..I have just found my two favourite new blazers...looove them! Take care xx

Melaina25 said...

I love my stripes:) happy to see it's on trend still! x

Melaina25 said...

Sounds like you had a great time and you looked fab! I'm liking the sound of the casual chic biker it sounds right up your street. I think it's easy to fall into a bit of a style funk at these in between times of year. Give it a few weeks and you'll be dying to get your spring on I bet :-)

Melaina25 said...

So fun! I love laser cut for Spring!

EatPrayWearLove

Melaina25 said...

I can't wait to wear dresses sans tights! I am so tired of wearing tights all of the time. We have had a few days of nice weather but the high tomorrow is back in the 30s. Ugh. Spring, where are you?

Melaina25 said...

I am not a fan of bearing my mommy tummy either. Looks like a fun event.


Alice
www.happinessatmidlife.com

Melaina25 said...

I'm not a big fan of crop tops either but I'm starting to embrace the floral prints, which is one of the spring trends. Thank you for hosting the link up :)

xo,
Janise
http://MamaInHeels.com

Melaina25 said...

Looks great fun x

Melaina25 said...

It was such a great evening.

Melaina25 said...

I don't want to scare small children ;)

Melaina25 said...

Spring? HA! The sun was out for the first time in forever but it is still frosty. Spring in Scotland is June :)

Melaina25 said...

I'm loving pastels!

Melaina25 said...

Loving laser cut!

Melaina25 said...

Glasgow weather certainly doesn't help!

Melaina25 said...

You're bang on trend :)

Melaina25 said...

Blazers are the new cardigan I say :)

Melaina25 said...

Thanks for joining in I'm glad you found me :)

Melaina25 said...

Stripes FTW!

Melaina25 said...

I always like comfy but I've been putting comfort over style a bit too much lately!

Melaina25 said...

Of course! House of Fraser has so many great collections.

Melaina25 said...

I blame my mother--it's her fault I always gravitate to the most expensive thing in the room lol.

Melaina25 said...

We've not had any snow but somehow grey, cold and wet is worse to me. Bring on the sun!

Melaina25 said...

They are so versatile right?

Melaina25 said...

Stripes are so versatile!

Melaina25 said...

I had a cropped mock short sleeved turtleneck (think Cher in Clueless) in 1996 but it still covered my belly!

Melaina25 said...

This looked like such a good event, gutted I didn't get invited
Lauren
livinginaboxx

Melaina25 said...

looks fun!

Melaina25 said...

I think you look great! The press event looks brilliant too, I was invited to the London event, but it is sometimes hard to get there when you need to sort childcare.

Melaina25 said...

Sounds such fun! I'm looking forward to not having to wear a heavy coat!
Jo x
www.josjottings.co.uk

Melaina25 said...

Greetings from Jakarta! Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog, I didn't expect that you would stop by since there are a loooot of people linking up to WIWW! Actually I always have a link to Transatlantic Blonde on my Links page. Some people have a long list of links below their post, but I prefer to have buttons on separate page instead of just links. But of course, would you prefer link under the post instead of button on a page?


Visit me:
LeeAnne, Style N Season
http://stylenseason.blogspot.com

Melaina25 said...

Looks like a really fun event! I love that floral skirt look, perfect for the transition to spring.


See What Katie Wears

Melaina25 said...

Oh, I love your jumper and I think you look great. And aren't those outfits cute? Looks like a super event.