If you haven't been to a Morrisons in a while now is the time to go. The new remodelled stores are amazing and remind me of grocery stores back home in America!
There are misters on the fruits, vegetables and herbs! These are common place in stores in America but I've only ever seen them at Morrisons in the UK!
We love that Morrisons have proper butchers in store. We've found that the meat at Morrisons is always a higher standard and better quality than other stores.
How drool worthy is the bakery counter? There are tons of freshly made creations like donuts, cupcakes, cookies and more! I was so tempted!
I was good though and stuck to the plan to get our ingredients for the steak sandwiches, lots of fresh fruit for smoothies and some few World Cup stickers for a certain little helper!
Grilled Steak and Cheese Sandwiches
2 Scotch Beef Prime Popeye Rump Steaks
Medium Cheddar Cheese
2 White Onions
Bird Eye Chillies
1) Roughly chop one pepper into large pieces, chop onion. De-seed and finely chop four small bird's eye chillis.
2) Season steak. Regular sandwich seasoned with salt and pepper, spicy sandwich add dry chillis.
3a) For regular sandwich, pre-heat pan to a high heat. Add peppers and cook for five minutes until charred. Turn down heat, add onions and cook for a further five minutes, add mushrooms and cook for five minutes until onions are translucent and mushrooms are cooked.
3b) For spicy sandwich, pre-heat pan to a medium heat, add chopped bird's eye chillis and onions, cook for five minutes, add mushrooms and cook for five minutes more.
4) In same pan cook steak to desired temperature (we like medium, medium-rare).
5) Slice steak and put in baguette. Top with desired veg and cheese. Melt cheese under pre-heated medium grill.
6) Add desired sauce: mayonnaise on regular sandwich, sriracha on spicy.
7) Serve and enjoy!
This is one of our go to dinners and I'd say we have it at least every two weeks since it is so easy and quick to make. It's a great way to enjoy steak without having to spend a lot of money. We find these are great on their own but you could serve with fries or a side salad, too!