Wednesday 8 October 2014

What I Wore Wednesday: Meet Marshmallows and Margaritas

I'll be having a series of guest posts scheduled over the next few weeks as I'm recovering post c-section and settling into life with our new baby. Please show them some love and be sure to visit their blogs!

Hello! I'm so excited to be writing a guest post for Transatlantic Blonde, all the way from California; I'm Jen from Margaritas and Marshmallows.

I feel kind of weird sharing a post in which I'm wearing Birkenstocks, because, honestly, even though I keep reading that Birks are in style again, I can hardly believe it. I wore these shoes all throughout high school, and even during sorority rush at university -- but only until I realized that everyone else was wearing dressy high-heeled sandals. I don't think I've worn them in more than a decade!


I finally broke them out again recently when we were going out to dinner with some friends. I had already decided to wear this red maxi dress, which I love because it's super comfortable and can be dressed up or down, depending on the occasion. 


To tone down the "old hippie woman" vibe I was afraid I was projecting with the shoes, I put on some new blingy earrings and red lipstick along with the leopard cross-body purse I've been using constantly. And apparently it worked: My husband and the friends we met for dinner asked why I was so "dressed up." Sigh.


What do you think of the Birkenstock trend? Are you on board? 

Outfit details:


Shoes: Birkenstocks (really, really old, but they're the taupe suede Arizona)



Sunglasses: Kate Spade

Lipstick: Trish McEvoy "Sheer Hollywood" (old)



Let's be friends! Find me here:

8 comments:

Melaina25 said...

While I don't currently own any Birkenstocks, I wouldn't be opposed to owning a pair. Back in the 90's I rocked Birkenstocks like a pro (granted I was only a kid), but they were the most comfortable shoes I owned. I have been seriously considering getting a pair as the weather warms up Down Under.

Melaina25 said...

I love how you wore the Birkenstocks with a pretty maxi dress.


BTW, I host a weekly TBT Fashion link up and hope you will join this Thursday.


Alice
www.happinessatmidlife.com

Melaina25 said...

Birkies have never gone out of style for me! Ha! Love this outfit although I can't help but be jealous of your amazing weather :-)

Melaina25 said...

Birkenstocks are so comfy and I love how you paired them with the maxi dress! Such an effortless look!


Jill
www.dousedinpink.com

Melaina25 said...

Your friend looks beautiful in her gorgeous red maxi and top-knot.


I hope you are healing up well and your new gorgeous baby is doing well, also. Let me know if you want me to guest post in the future. Take Care Mamma.




<3 Ada.

Melaina25 said...

Hi Jen! You look adorable in your maxi and burks..very comfy yet chic! Transatlantic Blonde..hope all is well while you get to know your new family addition :)

www.dressed2dnines.com

Melaina25 said...

Red is your color! The relaxed yet chic vibe of the maxi dress looks so fab on you! I also adore your ear candy!

Robyn
http://feelgreatfashion.com/

Melaina25 said...

Marshmallows and margaritas...mmmm... haha!
LOVE this dress! And your bag is darling too!

Jessi
http://www.haircutandgeneralattitude.com