Wednesday 20 July 2011

Things I "learned" on Holiday

-I can live without regular internet, but I don't want to live without regular internet access. I like not being on the laptop but I missed talking to my friends and family and knowing what's going on in the world. There has to be a happy medium between too much and none.


-I don't really like wine. Sure it tastes nice sometimes but I'm never going to be that person who tweets about how they can't wait to get home to a glass of wine or who sniffs corks and all that. 


-When it's toddler skull versus adult face, face will always lose. A headbutt to the nose (which left me vaguely concussed) left my nose swollen for two days and then Blondie Boy tripped on NBH and landed noggin first on my cheekbone. Cheek is just now starting to be less tender. I can only foresee more child inflicted injuries in the future since the two of us are both accident prone and he's a wild ass.


-I not as much of a fat ass as I think I am. I'm not skinny but I'm not as big as I think I am in my head.



-I've got an amazing husband. I still can't believe he found sunglasses for my birthday based on me saying I tried on awesome "diamanté Karen Millen shades" at Manchester airport. He got the EXACT ones I wanted and that's just the tip of his awesomeness.


-It must be so frustrating to be Blondie Boy and only have some words and signs to communicate what he is thinking. My French is appalling and while I could ask for baguettes and pastries at the boulangerie and ask if something had egg in it, that was about it. It was really frustrating knowing that I couldn't communicate exactly what I wanted to say.


-I really want to move some place someday with proper summers. When I lived in the US I always wanted to live somewhere with an outdoor pool; I used to sneak into the apartment complex next to mine and layout at their pool. Having our own pool at the villa just reignited my desire to have a pool and to do so we are going to have to move some place warmer. I was a major pool rat growing up and Blondie Boy loves the water as well. Indoor pools are nice, but nothing beats swimming in the sunshine.


-I've got amazing inlaws. NotBlondeHusband and I were able to spend time in the pool together as my mother-in-law would take Blondie Boy when he'd had enough and dry/shower/dress him. Having BB's Grandma, Auntie Katie and John around to help play with or sit in the house while he slept was amazing. I can't imagine what a vacation just the three of us would have been like.

8 comments:

Write Now, aka MAry McDonough-Clark said...

You are absolutely not a fat ass. And I am *totally* with you on the summer thing.

Melaina25 said...

You look stunning in that photo! Glad you had a good time whilst you were away.

Melaina25 said...

Aww thank you Pippa x

Melaina25 said...

That's some good learning to come away from a holiday with :) And agree with Pippa - you look stunning in that photo!

Melaina25 said...

Good to see you back, you look great lady! x

Melaina25 said...

Looking good!!!  Sounds like you had an amazing time!

Melaina25 said...

You look great and sound like you had a great time. Glad you had fun xx

Melaina25 said...

Thanks sweetheart x