Wednesday 12 December 2012

What I Wore Wednesday: Chanukah & Night Out

It was to the wire and I almost didn't have a WIWW outfit this week. NotBlondeHusband got struck with the sickness but and was really, really unwell for several days. So while he was quarantined in the bedroom Blondie Boy and I hung out downstairs making mulled apple cider and decorating gingerbread men.


Isn't our wee gingerbread family cute? I cancelled a night I had out with the Glasgow Women's Aid Board so I don't have a fancy night out outfit to show but I do have what I wore  today. Today Blondie Boy and I went to his class to teach them about Chanukah! It was super fun and I showed them the menorah, taught them how to play dreidel and sing the dreidel song and BB and I made egg-free cinnamon sugar donuts for them all as well. I was actually really impressed at how long we were able to hold their attention!

We came home from that and then I ran around like a crazy person trying to get my VISA application together. Thank you so much for your thoughts last week because I passed my test!!! I can't say it went smoothly it totally didn't. I went to go park and the street parking was all closed for "filming." It freaked me out but I found a spot nearby luckily. I sat outside the room and was studying when I saw a girl get her ID out so I decided to grab mine. IT WAS NOT IN MY WALLET.

I called NBH frantically asking where it was as I'd asked him if it was in my wallet before I left and he said yes but he'd apparently thought I'd asked about my bank card! So he jumped in the car to bring my ID to me. The test people said as long as he made it before registration closed I'd be okay. So I'm freaking out now because I don't want to lose £50 if they won't let me take it but luckily he made it literally 1 minute after the test man told me I had 3 minutes left!

So yes I passed and then I got the back bank statements I needed today in the mail so I rushed around trying to get copies (they make you send the originals and a set a copies) and then to the post office and then I met my friend Julie to to a Cook School class!

It was great fun hanging out with Julie, who I hadn't seen since Guns N Roses, and the class is amazing; Head Chef Phil Lewis showed us how to make so many different dishes for holiday entertaining and best of all you get to eat them all as they generously top up your wine glass. 



That's not even all the food we ate! There was soup, curry and an amazing Panettone Bread Pudding with cherry jam too! Phil was extra kind and dug out some mince pies and mulled wine for Julie, too! We had a fab evening, came away with all the recipes and are going to try and book on to a full day class next!

So while I'd planned, in my head, to change clothes between teaching toddlers about Chanukah and going out I ended up wearing the same outfit; hopefully it translated well from day to night!


Gap Purple Vest


Gap Purple Quilted Vest
Old Navy The Flirt Skinny Jeans

You can't tell because of the vest but the sweater has two buttons on each shoulder which I think is just a really cute detail. Also it is a great length for skinny jeans because it is a bit longer than normal sweaters but not as long as a sweater dress. Somehow I managed not to spill any food on myself so I was able to take this picture when we got home!

On a totally unrelated note look how freaking long my hair is! It is really starting to annoying me for a variety of reasons not really length related and I'm tempted to do something new to it. What would you suggest? Keep in mind there is no way I'm going for a pixie cut or dying it black so don't even go there :)





53 comments:

Melaina25 said...

Yummm, all those holiday treats look so nice and well presented! Thanks for hosting this link-up! :)
Love,
Rubi
www.lilyamongthornsblog.blogspot.com

Melaina25 said...

I absolutely LOVE your vest! I've been looking for a nice, black quilted one for awhile now with no luck. I never even thought about checking Old Navy though!

Melaina25 said...

What a cute comfy outfit! I love longer sweaters with skinnies!

Melaina25 said...

I love the bright color of that sweater! And congrats on passing the test!

Melaina25 said...

The vest is actually Gap outlet :)

Melaina25 said...

love the cookies

Melaina25 said...

CONGRATS!!! Food looks yummy cookies and all!


xoxo
Nikki & Val
http://styletoenvy.com

Melaina25 said...

I love all the blues in the outfit. And love the gingerbread family, so cute.

Melaina25 said...

You always look so happy and relaxed! Love the gilet!

Melaina25 said...

I love the colour combination. You look great and very happy ;-)

Melaina25 said...

love the gilet and the colours go so well! it looks like such a great remixable jumper! and omg, that food looks amazing!

I'm having same hair related thoughts, too long but am i too chicken to go for the chop(its just hair right?!) i think maybe shoulder length and some choppy layers framing your face would look lovely on you! xx

Anonymous said...

Huge congrats on passing the test! I love this outfit on you especial the Gap vest. That colour really suits you.

Mostly x

Melaina25 said...

Huge congrats on passing the test! I love this outfit on you especially the Gap vest. That colour really suits you.
Mostly x

Melaina25 said...

Happy Chanukuh! The gingerbread cookies look yummy! Love your outfit too of course!

Melaina25 said...

Love the cookies. I have to say, I love Old Navy jeans. I am partial to the Diva cut. Congrats on passing the test!
Tara
Penniless
Socialite

Melaina25 said...

The gingerbread women's shoes are cute! Loving the quilted vest - sounds so snug!

Melaina25 said...

All that food looks yummy!


Bisous
Suzanne

Melaina25 said...

Cute outfit! I would keep the hair long! I find it much easier to deal with! You could always add a few long layers!

Melaina25 said...

Congrats on your test!! Love the cookies - so creative :)

Melaina25 said...

Love your gingerbread family!! Cute. Liking the colours in your outfit as well... as for hair, hmmm.... cut a good few inches off maybe? I'm not talking a bob, just maybe 4 inches or so, might give it more shape!! x

Melaina25 said...

Great outfit, it does look like a great one for day or night! :) Thanks for hosting the link up! :)

~Maria-Isabel

www.agapelovedesigns.com

Melaina25 said...

Cute cookies!!! Don't know what to suggest about the haircut..I'm trying to grow mine out!
Ashley

Melaina25 said...

Your post reminds me I need to make gingerbread cookies. I'm falling way behind in my holiday duties.


Congrats on the test!

Melaina25 said...

Wow - aren't you just the busy little beaver! Blonde boy is a cutie patootie and his mommy looks great in her outfit - happy holidays!

Melaina25 said...

I have that same sweater in more of a teal. I love it too!

Melaina25 said...

oh your gingerbread people are so cute!!

brenna

Melaina25 said...

It is great isn't it?

Melaina25 said...

Aw thank you! This week has been nuts!

Melaina25 said...

I found egg-free ones at the store so we just adding the decorations! Way easier than making dough, rolling them out, etc :)

Melaina25 said...

Store bought but we added the decoration!

Melaina25 said...

Thanks Maria-Isabel!

Melaina25 said...

I know it has no shape right now. It's just a hot mess!

Melaina25 said...

Thank you! Cookies are totally store bought but BB and I decorated them :)

Melaina25 said...

I can't do short so don't worry :) My face is too round!

Melaina25 said...

It was so good! I'm still full today ;)

Melaina25 said...

Lol that's supposed to be me :)

Melaina25 said...

I have a lot of friends who are all designer jeans but I refuse to wear anything but the flirt!

Melaina25 said...

Thank you Sara! I'm so glad the studying is over! I sent off my application yesterday so hopefully they take an obscene amount of money from me and let me stay!

Melaina25 said...

Thanks Rachel! I love it long but it is just awful right now. I've got a lot of new growth at the front that sticks up and then the rest just hangs :(

Melaina25 said...

Ha! That was after midnight on a very crazy day lol.

Melaina25 said...

Thanks Ania!

Melaina25 said...

It was soooo good!

Melaina25 said...

Thanks Doranda! I just got store bought and we decorated them--much easier clean up :)

Melaina25 said...

Thank you! Now I just wait to see if they take lots of money from me an approve my application :)

Melaina25 said...

Me too! I need a longer line top with skinnies :)

Melaina25 said...

Thanks Rubi!

Melaina25 said...

It's the decoration that totally won me over!

Melaina25 said...

Cute outfit! I love when I find sweaters long enough to cover my tush! ;)

And the cookies are adorable! ;)

Melaina25 said...

How nerve-wracking! But you passed, so yay! :)

Melaina25 said...

You look cute, comfy, AND warm! Good combo!

Melaina25 said...

All of that food looks delicious - so glad you had such a wonderful time (and your gb fam is adorable!)


xo Georgina at: http://notesonlifestylebygeorgina.com

Melaina25 said...

I got my letter saying my application was received so now I wait....for up to 6 months!

Melaina25 said...

My tush must always be covered too :)