Wednesday 17 April 2013

What I Wore Wednesday: Secret Sales The Secret Launch

I love to shop. LOVE. It's in my genes. The only thing I love better than shopping is shopping a sale. Who doesn't love getting any amazing deal on an outfit? So I was super excited to be invited to the launch of SecretSales The Secret last week in Notting Hill. The past few weeks have been a bit stressful so I was really looking forward to it!


SecretSales is a designer fashion and homeware flash sales site which offers up to 70 per cent discounts on over 600 brands and The Secret is their new bespoke blog with posts on make-up tips from top make-up artists, day-in-the-life spots with their experts, trendspotting and more! 


To celebrate the launch of The Secret several of us were invited to the SecretSales studio for make-up tips, cupcakes (what event is complete without them?) and our own chance to style a model with some of the amazing clothing, shoes and accessory in the SecretSales closet.

I spied a Hugo Boss brown leather jacket on the men's clothing rack and knew I had to base my outfit around it. I'm a sucker for a good leather jacket what can I say. From there I held up about half a dozen different shirts to the very cooperative (and very handsome) model Paul to find one that popped with his eyes. I don't often put men's outfits together but I'm pretty happy with the results.

Image by Dom Aleandri Photography

Image by Dom Aleandri Photography
Brown Leather Jacket-Hugo Boss
Blue Shirt- Hugo Boss
(both available from SecretSales from 19/4)

So what do you wear to the launch where you will be surrounded by fashion bloggers, journalists and models? Yea I struggled with that one too! Especially since I was flying down to London and back the same day plus trains and tube to get there. So as much as part of me wanted to go a bit avant-garde I aired on the side of practical. 


Xhilaration High Low Striped Dress
Black Loft Cardigan
Hot Pink HM Hoop Earrings
Black Folded Trim New Look Ankle Boots

Probably not my first outfit choice but stripes and monochromatic are in this season so it worked in a pinch. I do have a chance to really increase my stylishness but I need all y'all to help out please!

If you visit SecretSales Facebook page and "like" the photo of Paul in the outfit I styled I could win a Dolce and Gabbana handbag!

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR. This is probably the only chance I'll ever have at owning anything by Dolce and Gabanna (one of my favourite designers-no one does leopard print better) so I'd freak out if I won! I feel like I'm asking a lot of favours lately but it literally takes one second to like the photo and I'd really appreciate your help!



47 comments:

Melaina25 said...

My favorite thing is also a man in a leather jacket :) love this pick!


xo, Elle

Melaina25 said...

Love your striped dress. You look fabulous! =)
Thanks for the linkup.

~Callie
www.creationsbycallie.com

Melaina25 said...

I think the stripes were the perfect choice!

http://havebreakfastwithtiffany.blogspot.com/

Melaina25 said...

I LOVE the outfit you put together for the challenge! It looks amazing on him - fabulous job :)
xoxo,
Nikki at www.bedazzlesafterdark.com

Melaina25 said...

Super cool opportunity to style such a cutie! Hope you win the bag!

xoxo
Nikki & Val
http://styletoenvy.com

Melaina25 said...

Great outfit on that *ahem* fantastic looking model!

Melaina25 said...

Great job on the styling, love his shoes!

Melaina25 said...

Great job on styling Paul! I love that leather jacket. :-)

Mo
Who is that girl Mo?

Melaina25 said...

What a great experience! I liked your photo - good luck!!

Alice
www.happinessatmidlfie.com

Melaina25 said...

I am substantially more jealous of your trip to London than the picture of you with the male model :) You look so cute! I think you definitely made a great choice for a day that involved both travel and a fashion launch! Glad you had fun!


Kaitlin
www.teaandsequins.com

Melaina25 said...

Wow...looks like a rough time...hanging out with a male model and telling him how to dress! LOL


bisous
Suzanne

Melaina25 said...

Love the look you put together for him--and I really hope you win that bag!!

Melaina25 said...

Thanks Mary! I appreciate your help!

Melaina25 said...

The things we do for fashion ;)

Melaina25 said...

Thanks Kaitlin! London is only about an hour flight so I'm there regularly enough.

Melaina25 said...

Thanks Alice!

Melaina25 said...

Thanks Mo! I saw it and knew I had to use it. There was a gorgeous black and white women's leather jacket too. I'm such a sucker for a good biker jacket.

Melaina25 said...

It's really funny you say that--I didn't love the shoes in person but they photographed really well!

Melaina25 said...

If you'd like I can share his twitter handle with you....be warned he's topless in his avatar :)

Melaina25 said...

Thanks ladies! It was such fun!

Melaina25 said...

Thanks Nikki!

Melaina25 said...

Thanks Tiffany! It's hard to find stripes that works when you are curvy.

Melaina25 said...

Thanks Callie!

Melaina25 said...

Thanks Carmen! Hopefully it stays that way :)

Melaina25 said...

At college I totally had a thing for guys in leather pants lol.

Melaina25 said...

love it and I voted/liked :) You always look good and you know I feel the same way about shopping. Well we all do! xo

Melaina25 said...

Sounds like a rough trip, but a great opportunity! I love the men's outfit you put together.
Tara
Penniless Socialite
Jewelry Giveaway!

Melaina25 said...

If I ever meet anyone who doesn't like a sale I might die of shock!

Melaina25 said...

Thanks Tara! The trip in itself wasn't bad it just didn't lend itself to full on glam on my part :)

Melaina25 said...

Cute outfits (yours and his).

Melaina25 said...

Great outfit - I love those men's shoes!!

Melaina25 said...

Thanks Margaret!The dress sort of comes up at the sides if that makes sense?

Melaina25 said...

Linking up! ; )

Melaina25 said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, Melaina. I appreciate you're taking the time :)

Melaina25 said...

Oooh I'd love to see my hubby in that jacket. Looks like a fun event :)

Melaina25 said...

LOVE your outfits! Thanks for hosting!
XOXO
dani
Love Me, Dani Marie

Melaina25 said...

Gotta love spending the day with a model haha. I am hosting a jewelry giveaway today...would love if you stopped by.

Enter the Giveaway Here!

xoxo

Erin

The Fashion Canvas

Melaina25 said...

I quite like the look you put on him! It's a great jacket, for sure. And your B&W stripes are very in right now. :)

Melaina25 said...

It's so funny because in person I wasn't really sure about them but they photograph REALLY cute :)

Melaina25 said...

Of course! I always come and comment when I can :)

Melaina25 said...

It's a hot jacket right?

Melaina25 said...

Can't complain ;)

Melaina25 said...

Thanks Amanda! I knew stripes were in for spring after Debenhams SS13 so when I saw this at Target I snagged it!

Melaina25 said...

Good luck and you look fab x

Melaina25 said...

Good luck! I think your model looks fab and so do you!

Melaina25 said...

Oh stunning jacket! <3
Exclusive Remove Wrinkles Leather Jackets

Melaina25 said...

nice collection mens fitted leather jackets