Tuesday 18 February 2014

What I Wore Wednesday: Natural You

After a crazy few weeks, including Blondie Boy getting the chicken pox, I was more than happy to go for a night of pampering at Natural You Salon, Scottish Beauty Salon of the year 2013. I headed up with the lovely Paula and with only a slight sat nav hitch we made it to the salon in East Kilbride.

Natural You Salon has over 20 years experience in the Beauty Industry and recently underwent a glamorous new makeover. We were invited to try out some of their signature treatments on the night and first up I had a PRIORI® CoffeeBerry® facial.  Now I'm not normally a facial kind of girl; I tend to have sensitive skin and treatments leave me broken out and red. I was assured that Coffeeberry was for me and would act like a peel without any redness or irritation. I was a bit skeptical if I am honest but I had no need to be. My skin was all glowy and unbelievably smooth afterwards and I didn't break out or go red. It was so relaxing and I could see myself having them again now I know how my skin reacts.

Next up celebrity make-up artist Kevin Moore converted me again! I almost never wear foundation. I just don't like it. The new Vitage® Colour Minerals create a fresh faced, healthy look and are made using only natural occurring minerals that are mined and perfectly mixed to create concentrated colour pigments that perform differently to other minerals.  Kevin tried out the  Natural Daily Perfector mineral mousse on me and I was really surprised. The weightless formula delivers amazing coverage without feeling like you're wearing a mask. I've actually got in on today which is shocking because I never manage anything other than eye makeup before work but it really is that quick and easy.



To finish up my night of pampering I got a Shellac manicure in Grape Gum. It's no shocker I went for purple and I'm such a fan of Shellac manicures. With the proper care (almond oil before bed and in the morning) can last up to two weeks. Who wouldn't want a chip free manicure? If you are someone who is really rough on your hands they also offer a gel base to make your Shellac longer, too.

It was a really lovely evening and I'd 100% go back again. All the staff were so lovely and really did have your best interests in mind when recommending treatments. I also got to catch up with my bloggy bestie Susan who got a stunning makeover of her own.

It was a cold and dreary night and since I'd been home playing nurse to chicken poxy all day I didn't really have it in me to get super glammed up. So I decided to go a little bit rock and a little bit glam and a whole lot of comfy with my outfit.




Guns 'N Roses tee- Target
The Flirt Jeans- Old Navy

My BFF Sabrina got me this amazing Crown and Glory Gala Glitter Bow for Christmas and I've not had a reason to wear it yet so I decided tonight was the night. Ignore my wonky sleeves on my tee; originally I had both rolled but then I had a facial and got all blissed out and forgot!  I got the tee on mega-sale at Target; it's a men's tee but with the exception of the longer sleeves I like them because they are a longer fit than most women's tees and in general way cheaper.

In my head I was channeling the fab Miss West End Girl but I'm still not 100% if this outfit was a hit or a miss even though I got lots of compliments on my bow.


What do you think? Do giant glitter boys and 80's rock tees work together?





Let's be friends! Find me here:
Transatlantic Blonde was provided treatments free of charge but all opinions are my own. Do you think I'd lie?

57 comments:

Melaina25 said...

Thanks so much for hosting!

EatPrayWearLove

Melaina25 said...

Love the purple nails!

Melaina25 said...

loving the tee!

xJo
http://www.myselfexpressed.com/

Melaina25 said...

Your pink hair and purple nails are adorable. I also love the pink hair piece. But my favorite thing is that band tee.


My pleasure being one of the first to link up this week. Stop by the blog and show some love.


Happy Wednesday, Ada. =)

Melaina25 said...

I love that pretty bow, it is such a fun, pretty thing to wear.xx

Melaina25 said...

I've been trying to use a color supplement rather than foundation as well! I love the difference :)

Melaina25 said...

So sorry to hear about Blondie Boy but it's better to get chicken pox as a child as opposed to an adult which is worse. Love the color you chose, I get Shellac manicures every 3 weeks and enjoy the staying power.

Melaina25 said...

I love shellac manicures. I only treat myself to them every few months though. Your day of pampering sounds like a much needed treat.

Melaina25 said...

love the manicure! I've never tried shellac, basically because I'm too lazy to drive somewhere to have my nails done... but yours look so good! :)

Melaina25 said...

Ahh, I have always wanted to try Shellac! I love that color!

Melaina25 said...

I hope you son is getting better. I had chicken pox as a kid and all I have to remember it by is the giant scar on the bridge of my nose. Great color on your manicure.


Alice
www.happinessatmidlife.com

Melaina25 said...

That bow is so cute, perfect with your hair! :)

Sounds like you had a great time getting pampered too :)

Away From Blue

Melaina25 said...

Sounds like you needed the pampering. I love that Shellac colour I might have to check it out myself.

Jo x
www.josjottings.c.o.uk

Melaina25 said...

i am yet to try shellac, do you find it lasts well? love the colour you chose too. and ohmagawd that tee... love, want, need! so wish we had a uk target!!! xx

Melaina25 said...

Love that purple nail polish color....and love your fierce hair!


Rebecca
www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

Melaina25 said...

Happy Wednesday! Love your nails, mine are blue right now :)


<3 Vicki
wildeinthecity.blogspot.com

Melaina25 said...

That sounds like an awesome spa day. I love facials, and I'm really intrigued by this coffeeberry peel. I'll have to look into it! Thanks for hosting the link up!

Melaina25 said...

You looked fab and it was great to catch up with you xx

Melaina25 said...

Ooh, I love facials! And actually I had one this week too - bliss. Your hair looks fab!

Melaina25 said...

You look great love the Tee! and your hair is a great color very Radiant Orchid

Melaina25 said...

Sounds like a great night of pampering! And I love the purple color of your manicure. :)

Melaina25 said...

Glad you got a night to yourself! I'm in definite need of a mani/pedi at the end of this week. I think I'm also in need of a giant glitter bow :) Thanks for hosting the linkup again this week!


Kaitlin
www.teaandsequins.com

Melaina25 said...

Sounds like a lovely treat, I love the colour :)

Sophie

http://what-sophie-said.blogspot.co.uk/

xxx

Melaina25 said...

I can definitely recommend Crown and Glory for giant glitter bows :)

Melaina25 said...

Thank you! Gotta love purple :)

Melaina25 said...

Gotta be on trend dahling ;)

Melaina25 said...

I think I might have to make them a regular occurrence!

Melaina25 said...

You looked great! Movie date soon? x

Melaina25 said...

Definitely look into Priori Coffeeberry!

Melaina25 said...

I love unexpected colours on nails :)

Melaina25 said...

I do find Shellac lasts well--about 2 weeks for me. They offer a gel base though for anyone who's hard on their hands, too.

Melaina25 said...

Go for it! Grape Gum for everyone :)

Melaina25 said...

Thank you! I've got the best BFF :)

Melaina25 said...

Chicken pox are the worst right? Luckily he didn't have too many on his face.

Melaina25 said...

DO IT! You won't regret it; it is especially amazing if you are going out of town and don't want to worry about your nails chipping.

Melaina25 said...

DO IT! You won't regret it; it is especially amazing if you are going out of town & don't want to worry about your nails chipping.

Melaina25 said...

Ha, Axl loved a bit of glam waaaaaay back in the day too ;)

Melaina25 said...

Aren't they the best?

Melaina25 said...

It is definitely better he is younger but still annoying since kids in the US get a vaccine!

Melaina25 said...

I was surprised how much I liked it.

Melaina25 said...

Gotta love a good band tee! Hopefully going to be able to check out blogs this weekend. Just been so busy x

Melaina25 said...

But of course :)

Melaina25 said...

Your hair is so pretty! I love it! Thanks for the awesome link up!!!

Melaina25 said...

Totally x

Melaina25 said...

Love that nail polish color!!! :-)

Melaina25 said...

Aw looking gorgeous, love those nails too! Please do link back to #fashionfriday if you can, fab to have you (on mummy's got style)!x

Melaina25 said...

Hey honey your badge has always been up :)

http://transatlanticblonde.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-wore-weds.html

Melaina25 said...

Aw thanks chick x

Melaina25 said...

Thanks for hosting! Love the purple nails!
xo, Blaire
Peaches In A Pod

Melaina25 said...

It was much needed pampering!

Melaina25 said...

Thank you! The upkeep is a bit of a pain but I'm loving it!

Melaina25 said...

Grape Gum!

Melaina25 said...

Thanks :)

Melaina25 said...

80's rock tees go with everything. always.

Melaina25 said...

Thanks again for linking lovely, I wish I could rock bright coloured hair!

Melaina25 said...

You look FAB! I so want your hair.

Melaina25 said...

Love your nails! You just inspired me to try a purple nail polish!!!


xo,
Janise