Tuesday 25 February 2014

What I Wore Wednesday: Silver Sequin Slippers

So this isn't going to be your typical What I Wore Wednesday post but I hope you will bear with me. Last Monday my Mom had open heart surgery and had her aortic valve replaced with a new bovine valve.  She was born with a defect where instead of having three flaps, she only had two or bicuspid and after 60 years it was just really over-worked and narrowed and basically needed an upgrade. 

So she headed off to Cedars Sinai and got her new valve.  The surgery went great and she's now home and has 8+ weeks of recovery ahead of her. Well what does all of this have to do with What I Wore Wednesday? For her surgery she got herself some new slippers:


silver sequin slippers

It should be known that when I got married my mom was on crutches with a broken foot and on one foot was the boot and the other a Manolo Blahnik---she loves her shoes.  So it makes sense she got some sparkly slippers. What makes these slippers even better is that she got the idea from a nonagenarian named Sylvia at my Grandmother's nursing home.  Bitch stole Sylvia's look! (please tell you y'all watch fashion police).

She won't be rocking Manolos any time soon but she's still got stylish tootsies! I'm gutted I can't go to California to help her recuperate but I hope she knows how many people love and care about her and want her to get well soon!



Let's be friends! Find me here:

46 comments:

Melaina25 said...

Aww your mom sounds adorable!

EatPrayWearLove

Melaina25 said...

Love this linkup!
xo Emma
http://strollingthecityinheels.com

Melaina25 said...

Oh honey, you must be itching to be with your mama, but at the same time what a cool lady to be rocking her sequinned slippers - screams joie de vivre! Sending you hugs and good vibes, and hope she feels better soon and is back on her Blahniks. X

Melaina25 said...

Those are too cute! Speedy recovery to your Mama

Melaina25 said...

Best wishes to your mom for a speedy recovery!

//Birdie Shoots//

Melaina25 said...

Aw I'm hoping for a speedy recovery.. But I love she wanted to stay stylish through it all!

Melaina25 said...

Hope she gets well soon.....& those sparkly slippers looks so fun!


Rebecca
www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

Melaina25 said...

Hope you mom gets better soon. I went through a similar situation late last year with my dad and it's hard when you can't fly there and be with them.


Alice
www.happinessatmidlife.com

Melaina25 said...

Your Mom is a rocking, love the slippers they are totally bit chin, get well soon Ryan's Mom xxx

Melaina25 said...

Thank you so much for this lovely link up .
Love and sunshine from Spain
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

Melaina25 said...

It must be so difficult for you being so far away but those slippers tell me that she's going to be just fine! Love her spirit! Sending lots of love xx

Melaina25 said...

Hope your mum recovers quickly from her operation!

Away From Blue

Melaina25 said...

So cute and comfy.


Sofia
stylishlyinlove.blogspot.com

Melaina25 said...

Love this post! What a fab mom. Hope she's all well!!

Stilettos & Sequins

Melaina25 said...

Bless your Mum! Love it. I'd do the same. Hope she recovers quickly!x

Melaina25 said...

Prayers for your mom that all goes well and i love the slippers.

Melaina25 said...

What a funky Mom you have - I love her slippers, and love the sound of her MB's as well - I hope you have use of her collection while she is resting up :-)

Melaina25 said...

Great sparkly slippers! Hope your mom has a quick recovery chick
Lauren
livinginaboxx

Melaina25 said...

Sending lots of good thoughts to your mom for a fast & healthy recovery!!!

xxoo
Kym
bitty.and.bunny

Melaina25 said...

Awww sweetie, open heart surgery is a hard one but I am glad it all went great. She was a great hospital. Love her new Silver Slippers too. Sparkly & girly. My pleasure to stop by as every Wednesday. =) Hope she has a great recovery!!

Melaina25 said...

I love her style, sparkles always cheer me up too! Best wishes to your Mum for a speedy recovery xx

Melaina25 said...

I hope her recovery goes swiftly. Love the sparkly slippers - what a great idea. Also LOVE that she wore one Manolo while on crutches - props to her!

Melaina25 said...

I hope she recovers swiftly. Love the sparkly slippers - what a great idea. And LOVE that she wore one Manolo while on crutches - props to your mum!

Melaina25 said...

Praying for a speedy recovery!

Melaina25 said...

Love those sparkly slippers! I hope you mom has a quick recovery. <3 Xx

Melaina25 said...

Wishing your mom a quick recovery ! Her slippers rock and I am also a fan of Fashion Police :) Kisses

Fashion and Cookies

Melaina25 said...

Thank you

Melaina25 said...

Thanks x

Melaina25 said...

I'm not big on slippers either but I agree!

Melaina25 said...

She loves her shoes!

Melaina25 said...

Thanks Bex! I'm a sparkle girl, too.

Melaina25 said...

Thank you

Melaina25 said...

Thanks Kym

Melaina25 said...

Well I'm in Glasgow and she's in Los Angeles but even still she's a tiny US5 :)

Melaina25 said...

Thank you x

Melaina25 said...

Thank you darling x

Melaina25 said...

Thanks Kara x

Melaina25 said...

Thank you; distance sucks!

Melaina25 said...

Thanks Rebecca

Melaina25 said...

Thank you!

Melaina25 said...

Thanks x

Melaina25 said...

Gotta love Joan and crew :)

Melaina25 said...

Thanks lovely

Melaina25 said...

Those slippers are a great idea! Hoping the put a smile on her face while she recovers quickly! Thanks for hosting the link up!

Melaina25 said...

my mum had this same op when I was 4 she was one of the first I believe arnie did too hope mum gets well soon

Melaina25 said...

Thanks Becky xx