Friday 6 June 2014

Bump Watch 2014: 23 Weeks


So this was my first week commuting to Edinburgh and my cousin's last few days visiting Scotland. Door to door getting to Leith and back we are talking about at least a 12 hour day and needless to say it got to me. I've got the worst cold (and maybe sinus infection) ever so am ever so lucky that I am able to work from home 2 days a week! That being said I look like ass so there is no bump pic this week.

I met my midwife for the first time this week (seems late right?) and she seemed fine. Appointment went really quickly. Bebe's heartbeat was fine, my blood pressure was fine and my bump was measuring right where it should be. They never measured my bump with BB so I thought that was interesting. I'll see her again in 6 weeks and I have an appointment with the physio at the end of June as SPD is slowly showing it's ugly face again.

*How far along?: 23 weeks

*Total weight gain: Don't know, they don't weigh me at my appointments so I might just delete this

*How big is baby?: My bump app (BB loves reading the updates on my phone) says a grapefruit but last time I was told a mango. So the size of some fleshy fruit.

*Maternity clothes?: I have some dresses that aren't mat I'm still wearing and I wore non-maternity leggings to work but I think they sort of cut my bump in half and make it look funny so will probably need to invest in more maternity leggings (I only have one pair).

*Sleep?: Just like last time I've got the wrist splints out for pregnancy induced carpal tunnel but luckily so far it's not an every day thing. I've been sleeping a bit better since I'm working and basically all but dead by the time I get home and have a collection of 3 pillow that alternate between my legs and bump. I dread to think how I'll sleep at the end when I'm a beached whale.

*Best moment this week?: NBH felt the bebe move for the first time and I started my new contract. Also I suggested a name to NBH and he replied "I don't hate it." Considering he has flat out vetoed my past suggestions this is progress!

*Movement?: The past 48 they've gotten way more active. Generally I only felt movement at night or if I was leaning forward/invading their space but now it is stronger and throughout the day a bit. I was hoping this kid would be a bit more chill and relaxed compared to their big brother but maybe I've got another full energy one headed my way. I expect full on hockey checks (as opposed to just kicks) in my future.

*Food cravings?: I've not been really hungry this week since I've been ill.

*Labor signs?: No

*Belly button in or out?: Innie

*What I miss: Right now breathing through my nose.

*What I'm looking forward to: Feeling better and going on holiday in 12 days.

*Milestone: NBH feeling the bebe move.

If you like to compare here is Blondie Boy's 23 week update from 2009.

Let's be friends! Find me here:

16 comments:

Melaina25 said...

Get well soon! Goodness does seen late for MW appointment! My bump has finally shown itself! (22wks today) and belly button gone flat...very odd!

Melaina25 said...

My first appointment was at the consultant's clinic because I'd had a previous section and then my 2nd was with the consultant because I'd had a cardiac appointment in between to see if I had my Mom's heart defect...so I saw someone just not my MW. I was a bit misleading!

Melaina25 said...

Hope you feel better soon xx

Melaina25 said...

I didn't realise you were expecting! Congratulations!

Melaina25 said...

Yuk, pregnancy colds are awful- I only ever get a cold when I'm expecting! Hope you feel better soon. I can't believe this is your first encounter with the dreaded tape measure :D All of mine have measured too small with that silly tape, I take no notice of it at all now!
x x

Melaina25 said...

Aw yay - you are just a week ahead og me =) #BlogBumpClub

Melaina25 said...

Unfortunately the rest I feel so shite is it's not a cold it's a chest infection. Antibiotics for me now--fun!

No idea why I wasn't measured in my last pregnancy but it was 5 years ago now.

Melaina25 said...

Hopefully the antibiotics kick in soon!

Melaina25 said...

I only announced publicly about 2 weeks ago; thanks :)

Melaina25 said...

There are lots of us late Sept/early Oct!

Melaina25 said...

It's SO exciting when others feel the baby move - we had the same little moment at 23 weeks last week too. Hope you're feeling better now, being ill is no fun anyway, but especially miserable when you're pregnant. Thank you for linking up to the #BlogBumpClub again! x

Melaina25 said...

It's crazy how they mess with your sinuses isn't it? I felt like I had a cold the entire time.

Melaina25 said...

I've got a chest infection, blech. Antibiotics are starting to kick in though so that's good!

Melaina25 said...

I've got a chest infection, unfortunately. Antibiotics are starting to kick in though so that's good!

Melaina25 said...

I am sorry you are sick - feel better soon. I loved doing these weekly updates while pregnant too. But yeah that's funny about the size of the baby being defined by fruit. =)

Melaina25 said...

It's good for Blondie Boy though as he gets a vague idea then :)