Friday 20 June 2014

Bump Watch 2014: 25 Weeks


So this past weekend Blondie Boy was really unwell. He had a fever all day (ibuprofen would lower it some but then it'd come right back), cough and was just generally pathetic. Then he wouldn't eat anything and Sunday night we thought he'd broken out in a dark purple/red pinprick rash on his face that wasn't fading. So after a a call to NHS24 we were off to out-of-hours at 2am. Turns out kids can cough so hard they can burst capillaries in their face--who knew? I worked from home with him on Monday and NBH stayed home with him Tuesday by when he'd luckily perked up. 

Wednesday we left the house at 4:30am and flew to France!  I'm so excited to be back with Eurocamp again and can't wait for a week of fun in the sun. This is the first time in 5 years I'll have gone on holiday without visiting a tanning bed first (I only go for 5 minutes when I do to remind my pasty ass what the sun actually is) so hopefully I my skin doesn't go into shock and get burned! So far we've had a lovely 24 hours and Blondie Boy got to see his first fireworks show for the parc's 50th anniversary yesterday.

 
*How far along?: 25 weeks
*How big is baby?: An eggplant or rutabaga. Has anyone actually ever seen a rutabaga?

*Maternity clothes?: Still yes. Can we talk about how the only maternity shorts available in the UK are cootchie cutters? What woman pregnant enough to need maternity shorts wants her arse cheeks hanging out? I'm wearing Adidas shorts shorts with a stretchy waist pulled down under my bump while we are in France.
*Sleep?: I'm sleeping better but I tend to wake up really sore even though I've got a wedge pillow.

*Best moment this week?: I'm typing this out from sunny France while Blondie Boy snoozes and NotBlondeHusband watches the World Cup :)
*Movement?: Yes; bebe likes to move it move it.
*Food cravings?: I was saying to NBH that TGIFriday's mozzarella sticks are vaguely one but also not really because I always enjoy melty cheese (who doesn't?)
*Labor signs?: No
*Belly button in or out?: Innie and there is shall stay.
*What I miss: Am I really supposed to have a different thing to miss every week for 40 weeks?
*What I'm looking forward to: enjoying the rest of our holiday and then my birthday next week
*Milestone: What will probably be our last family vacation as a threesome 

If you like to compare and contrast here is Blondie Boy's 25 week update from 2009.

Let's be friends! Find me here:

8 comments:

Melaina25 said...

Enjoy your holiday! Lovely photo.

Melaina25 said...

Aww you look fab - have a fab time xxx

Melaina25 said...

You look gorgeous in Orange!!
effortlesslady.blogspot.ca

Melaina25 said...

Thank you!

Melaina25 said...

Thanks it was a lovely holiday!

Melaina25 said...

It was fab; BB is already asking to go back again next year :)

Melaina25 said...

Its not just english maternity shorts that have that problem! And shorty jumpsuits .... don't get me started! You do look fabulous and blooming in orange.

Melaina25 said...

I just can't imagine what woman pregnant enough for maternity shorts wants her butt cheeks hanging out. If I'm honest I'd never want butt cheeks hanging out!