Friday 9 December 2011

The Perfect Holiday Cocktail

A few weeks ago I got a behind-the-scenes tour of the beautifully redone Thistle Hotel in Glasgow which included cocktail making lessons. One of the cocktails, a Toasted White Russian, would be absolutely perfect for the holidays so I thought I'd share it here!

White Russian Perfect Holiday Cocktail
Image by @JaneyTravels
Toasted White Russian

-50ml Baileys
-25ml Amaretto 
-50ml cream
-50ml milk

Shake over ice and strain into cocktail glass.
Dust with cocoa powder (which you toast by shaking over an open flame)

Flaming Fire Cocktail

Not only do you get to look pretty freaking cool by playing with fire but the drink is wintery and yummy. I had a very bad experience with White Russians back in the day but this cocktail has brought me around again! Do you have a signature cocktail you serve during the holidays? What would your perfect holiday cocktail be like?

1 comment:

Melaina25 said...

Looks awesome!  Definitely have to try this one :)  I'm your newest follower and would just love if you would follow me back!  I've also linked with with you WIWW for the first time.

http://www.wherenothinggoodcomeseasy.com