Wednesday 14 December 2011

What I Wore Wednesday: Holiday Sequins

This Monday NotBlondeHusband, Blondie Boy and I had to meet my Grandmother-in-law in town for coffee and then I shopped around a bit before meeting the rest of the Glasgow Women's Aid board for Christmas drinks later on.  I needed an outfit that wouldn't look out of place for three fairly different activities so this is what I came up with.


Fearless Tiny Skull Studs- Dogeared
Black Ruffle Cardigan- Old Navy
Black Sequin Top- Loft Outlet
Charm Bracelet- Merci Maman
The Flirt Skinny Jeans-Old Navy
Black Boots- Sketchers
Charcoal Coat- Zara (not pictured)

I know I wear those boots and jeans all the time but when it is wet and cold it means my feet and ankles stay dry and that is pretty important factors in Glasgow! I wanted a bit of sparkle as this was the closest I was getting to a Christmas night out but I didn't want to look out of place in the John Lewis cafe, shopping or in the pub either.








If you are looking for the winner of my Merci Maman giveway it will be posted later today on the original Merci Maman post once a winner is verified. 

28 comments:

Melaina25 said...

Melaina, Thanks for the email reminder of WIWW.  You are cool like that. :)  I hope you have a great day.  Love Amy

Melaina25 said...

Oh, I love all bling!

Melaina25 said...

Cute top!  Thanks for the reminder to link up :D
wendymacdesigns.com

Melaina25 said...

Thank you for commenting on my little blog, have now joined your linky (love the clueless pic!!) and love the blog! Your outfit here is perfect for Everbody Everywhere this month, are you joining in, 'cos that sparkly top is fab!

Melaina25 said...

Love your jumper :-)

Melaina25 said...

ooh very cute. x

Melaina25 said...

Love the sparkly top :)

Melaina25 said...

So glad u stopped by so I could discover your blog and this fabulous link up! Added my most recent outfit post...following along with you now..and can't wait to dive into some new blogs from this post tonight when the little guy goes to sleep :) Best C

Melaina25 said...

Sequins are so great for this time of you.  Adds a little sparkle to the day.  Really cute!

Melaina25 said...

Thanks for letting me link up!
I am doing a give away I would love it if you stopped by and joined in!http://shannonolson.blogspot.com/2011/12/my-memories-giveaway.html

Melaina25 said...

I think your outfit was the perfect solution! I love outfits that can do double or triple duty like that.

Melaina25 said...

Love the sequins! 

Melaina25 said...

Love the outfit!  Thanks for visiting my blog!

Mary Ellen
The Working Home Keeper

Melaina25 said...

I think you should add "cardigan and jeans donated by my beautiful younger sister".

Melaina25 said...

Good to see you found something that was idea for all three meetings. Love the top :)

Melaina25 said...

Love the sequins! And to be honest with you I wear my favorite jeans about 3 times a week lol
-barbie @
Style of a Mrs.

Melaina25 said...

I think I had the jeans were hand-me-ups in another post but you are 100% correct :)

Melaina25 said...

You are welcome! I always forget to link to things myself :)

Melaina25 said...

Thank you! I was contemplating my Versace leggings but I don't think they'd have worked in any of those situations on reflection!

Melaina25 said...

I have another pair of jeans but Glasgow in winter means the ground is always some form of wet mush and skinnies mean they are tucked in and dry :)

Melaina25 said...

Gotta love Loft :)

Melaina25 said...

I hope you find some great new reads!

Melaina25 said...

I'm a HUGE sucker for anything sparkly :)

Melaina25 said...

I would wear sequins 24/7 if I could. I really am a Drag Queen in a woman's body :)

Melaina25 said...

Cher Horowitz was one of my first style icons :)

Melaina25 said...

Hi. Thank you for stopping by my blog. I am reluctant to use the badge you have for my link-up to you because the girl is pictured wearing a mini skirt. I don't wear short skirts because of religious convictions. If you want to supply another badge, I'll use that. For now, I'll just use text.Thanks. D

Melaina25 said...

Hi Danielle! Sorry for late reply-- you can totally use just a text link  xoxo

Melaina25 said...

The sparkly top is sleeveless!