Saturday 28 January 2012

WAHM+Toddler=Boring Blog

I will admit I've been slightly neglecting my blog but I swear it is for good reasons. Y'all know I'm a WAHM (work at home Mom) and honestly juggling a toddler and work doesn't always leave me tons of time for writing especially now that Blondie Boy is older and coupled with the fact that I've got more work.


Don't get me wrong more work is awesome. I'm really lucky that I've found my niche and created a career for myself that I truly love. It may seem weird that I'm saying this since I work from my couch but I'm a people person. I like to talk to people and help people and though it isn't face to face that is what I'm doing. Throw in some event planning, copy writing and a bunch of other stuff I'm not listing off (my resume is on LinkedIn if you are that interested) and that is what I do day to day.


I really love my clients, too. They are great people to work with and believe in me which is a wonderful feeling. I have some new projects in the pipeline too that I'm super excited about as well. When people used to ask me if I wanted to move back to the USA I said yes but it depended on the job market. Now I say eventually but my career is here right now.


I'm not sure where I'm going with this now other than to say I'm sorry if my blog is getting boring or if I don't write as much anecdotal stuff any more but I promise I'm really going to try. If I don't it is only because I'm working my tushie off (wouldn't it be great if work really shrunk your ass?) or I'm playing my tushie off with Blondie Boy.


Please accept some Blondie Boy cuteness for your viewing pleasure as an apology:



7 comments:

Melaina25 said...

Aww, he is a cutie!

Melaina25 said...

I'm a social media consultant. It does sometimes suck that I don't have office gossip and parties but being freelance has its benefits too!

Melaina25 said...

This post title totally caught my eye, because it's my life. Except for I would be wahm + toddler + boring life= really boring blog
What do you do? I didn't check out linkin- couldn't really find it. I feel marginalized sometimes as wahm.

Melaina25 said...

beautiful picture!

I hardly seem to get time to blog these days as I also work from home, most of the time. Am very lucky but does mean difficult to plan / predict how each day will go!

Melaina25 said...

It's not boring and I love BB in his cute hat x

Melaina25 said...

Time for a new blog maybe??? You are awesome at what you do and a great friend too. x

Melaina25 said...

We love you! Now if I could just get my life in order so that I can WORK!