Tuesday 10 November 2009

33 weeks


Baby’s senses are continuing to improve -- when light peeks in through your (extremely) stretched belly, those tiny eyelids and irises blink and dilate. And, baby can now recognize and react to simple songs… time to start practicing your lullabies! Growth (at least inside your womb) is starting to slow, and you may notice baby descend into your pelvis at the end of this month.


This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark. They are rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and their skeleton is hardening. The bones in their skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for them to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as their brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.


*How far along?: 33 weeks
*Total weight gain: Don't know
*How big is baby?: A honeydew or pineapple- at least it's fruit I've actually heard of this week.
*Maternity clothes?: Yes and I think I *finally* found a dress for NBH's Aunt's wedding on 11/28!
*Sleep?: Some nights are okay and some are crap.
*Best moment this week?: Getting the bebe's cot up and built


*Movement?: If you want to feel the bebe move all you have to do is stick your hand on my bump; the kid doesn't like people up in their space
*Food cravings?: No, but I'd like to hit up Tony Roma's while I can still manage to fit in some onion loaf and ribs in one sitting- I'm reaching the point where I get full quickly, but am hungry an hour later.
*Labor signs?: No
*Belly button in or out?: Innie
*What I miss: My hair being easy. I have a bazillion flyaways and my highlights are growing out too quickly because my hair is growing so fast.
*What I'm looking forward to: Throwing my 1st Thanksgiving in Scotland; our dining room table, chairs and sideboard arrived yesterday!


*Milestone: Hitting the 8 month mark

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

I think I have your dining table! Where did you get it?

Melaina25 said...

We got it at a Harvey's outlet. There is only one leaf in it in the photo, but it came with 2, so it can sit 10.