Tuesday 24 November 2009

35 weeks

Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that they're over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon). Because it's so snug in your womb, they aren't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times they kick should remain about the same. Their kidneys are fully developed now, and their liver can process some waste products. Most of their basic physical development is now complete — they'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.

*How far along?: 35 weeks
*Total weight gain: Don't know
*How big is baby?: A honeydew
*Maternity clothes?: Yes, looks at the difference though between the same maternity top at 21 weeks and the same top now at 35 weeks-yikes!

*Sleep?: What's that again?
*Best moment this week?: Throwing my very first Thanksgiving :)
*Movement?: Yup. The other day I was putting on lotion and thought "What's that lump" and then I realized it was a toe. Feeling the outlines of feet and hands is vaguely creepy, sorry!
*Food cravings?: Nope.
*Labor signs?: No, just Braxton Hicks getting more frequent and ouchier.
*Belly button in or out?: Innie, but super shallow and I'm getting to the point where I might have to take my belly button ring out soon.
*What I miss: Not getting exhausted from taking a shower.
*What I'm looking forward to: Mani/pedis on Thursday before NBH's Aunt's wedding.
*Milestone: 35 weeks gone, 35 days to go....

No comments: