Friday 11 July 2014

Bump Watch 2014: 28 Weeks


So I'm keeping it real with my bump pic this week. I look a hot mess but this is how I look when I work from home whatcha gonna do--at least I put a bra on for y'all. The truth is if I'm working from home I have no make-up, my hair is in some semblance of a bun and I'm in the most comfortable clothing I can find (hence no bra).  It was another gorgeous day in Glasgow so I took my laptop outside and worked al fresco.


It was a downright tropical 73F in Glasgow and I didn't want to miss out. Emma was feeling the sunshine too. She's gotten exponentially more cuddly the more pregnant I get. Either she knows there will be two things terrorizing her soon or she's just mellowing in her old age (she turns 10 next week). She was on my lap outside most of the afternoon until she got to hot and went underneath a beach chair to hide int he shade.

*How far along?: 28 weeks
*How big is baby?: An eggplant or if you're feeling European an Aubergine.
*Maternity clothes?: How many times do I have to say yes? I do have a non-maternity maxi dress on today but I'm bumming around the house working from home.
*Sleep?: I slept pretty well last night but I was exhausted
*Best moment this week?: We let Blondie Boy play hookey yesterday as it was gorgeous and we went to the outdoor swimming pool in Gourock and then strawberry, raspberry and pea picking at East Yonderton farm. Then we rounded it off with a BBQ in the backyard.
*Movement?: Yes and I'm pretty sure there is some sort or appendage stuck in my side.
*Food cravings?: I've really been wanting a slushie but it is a tropical 73 in Glasgow.
*Labor signs?: No but I had my first Braxton Hicks after our adventures yesterday.
*Belly button in or out?: Innie
*What I miss: living in a country that has outdoor pools all over the place
*What I'm looking forward to: World Cup final on Sunday. I'm not the biggest fan but Blondie Boy has really gotten in to it and loves watching with NBH.
*Milestone: I'm in my 3rd trimester now. WTF.
If you like to compare/contrast here is Blondie Boy's 28 week update from 2009.

Let's be friends! Find me here:

10 comments:

Melaina25 said...

Totally relate to the "WTF?! Third trimester already?!" comment. I feel the same! Your day with a barbecue at the end sounds like all kinds of perfect. Do you find yourself cherishing the time together as just the three of you that little bit more? Although we're obviously HUGELY excited to be welcoming a new addition to our family this autumn I'm also really aware that this is the last summer we will be just three and our family dynamic will totally change, so we're trying to cram in all sorts of adventures that won't be so easy with a newborn in tow. I'm so excited about having another baby and Frog is beyond excited about being a big sister, but the fact it's now so close makes these days all the more precious I think. For me anyway. Thank you for linking up to the #BlogBumpClub again - PS get yourself to Devon. There are 4 outdoor public swimming pools within an 8 mile radius of where we live!

Melaina25 said...

Having spent the week trekking to work in this heat I'm deeply envious of your outdoor office - and the ability to work on comfy clothes - never have I hated tights quite so much!

Melaina25 said...

I'm all about leggings instead of tights but I did have to take them off on the train the other day! When I do commute it's 2 hours each way so I feel your pain!

Melaina25 said...

I think I'm just always happy when we get to do anything fun just the 3 of us since NBH and I tend to work around each other. I think Devon is almost 500 miles away so probably not the easiest from Glasgow :)

Melaina25 said...

I'm so glad I'm working from home all week as we're in recess; normally I have a 2 hour commute each way 3x a week and it's not fun pregnant!

Melaina25 said...

I think you are looking fab xxx

Melaina25 said...

I think you had a typo there and hit b instead of t ;)

Melaina25 said...

Very good hon. You are certainly not that x

Melaina25 said...

This is why I love working from home! Swimming in an outdoor pool sounds AMAZING in this weather - jealous x

Melaina25 said...

I think there are lots of outdoor pools around London, right?