Wednesday 2 July 2014

What I Wore Wednesday: Route 66 Tee

First apologies for no post last week! We flew back from France last Wednesday and it was also my birthday. We spent a good 6 hours sat in the world's tiniest airport as our flight was delayed due to French air traffic control strikes. You might remember we got stuck in the strikes last year too so needless to say I wasn't happy. When we finally did get home we dumped our bags and went out for a birthday dinner so What I Wore Wednesday was the last thing on my mind!

We are really lucky that both NotBlondeHusband's parents (and their respective partners) help us out with Blondie Boy. Before we went on holiday BB's Grandma took him shopping with her while both of us were at work. He actually is a pretty good shopper (it is in his genes) and while out he picked out an entire outfit all by himself.

When I heard he'd picked out an entire outfit all by himself I wasn't expecting much but the kid can coordinate! It has all of his favourite things and was very holiday appropriate.


Boys Route 66 T Shirt

Route 66 Tee
Yellow Cargo Shorts
Shark Print Beach Shoes
(all Marks and Spencer)

Route 66 Cars Tee

First off how much do I love my kid for being bang on trend with bright yellow shorts? The beach shoes were perfect for the ocean as while Le Brasilia has a sandy beach it is really pebbly right where the tide comes in so it protected his tootsies. It is also way easier to walk on hot sand in beach shoes than flip flops!

Life the Flap tee

You  had to know with Blondie Boy that cars would be involved somehow so it doesn't surprise me that he picked this Route 66 themed t-shirt. What is really cool is it is a lift the flap tee. So there are little surprise designs under flaps scattered around the tee. How cool is that?

He was very proud of his purchases and I think I might have to let him pick out outfits for himself more often! Do you pick out your children's clothes or do you let them style themselves?







Let's be friends! Find me here:

26 comments:

Melaina25 said...

Aww, your son is so cute! Hope you had a fun birthday despite the strike!

Away From The Blue

Melaina25 said...

Happy birthday! I hope you had an excellent time in France!

- Lindsay from Dearest Darling

Melaina25 said...

Oh such a cute little tee! I hope you have a wonderful birthday!!!

Lauren Xx
www.stylelixir.com

Melaina25 said...

He did great! Love that shirt!

Melaina25 said...

Your son is such a cutie pie!! Thanks for hosting:)
Marta
www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

Melaina25 said...

This is my first time participating in this meme, and I love your idea for featuring your children's dresses too.

Melaina25 said...

What a fun birthday to spend in France! Mine is coming up next week. Happy Belated Birthday and glad to join in the link up!

Melaina25 said...

What a cutie pie! And happy belated birthday!


Alice
www.happinessatmidlife.com

Melaina25 said...

Cute :) Mine actually does the same at 5. He decides what he's wearing. The only problem that arises is that he isn't very accepting of "it's in the laundry"


Thanks for hosting the link up!


Alex - Funky Jungle

Melaina25 said...

Super cute outfit! My daughter loves to pick her outfits - some more creative than others!! Thanks for hosting lovely x

Melaina25 said...

I promise you 6 hours stuck at a tiny airport, with a 4 year old, that has no shops or anything is not fun even in France.

Melaina25 said...

Your little man is looking adorable. I love his hair. Is he ready to be a big brother yet?


Happy Belated Birthday Mamma!! Always a pleasure stopping by. =)

Melaina25 said...

World's smallest airport in France - I'm going to make a guess that you flew from Dinard - its practically a garden shed!

Melaina25 said...

Air travel can be the worst! Glad you made it home. Your little guy is so cute!

xo, Amy Ann

The Real Arnolds

Melaina25 said...

Cute outfit, love the yellow shorts! Thank you for the link up x

Melaina25 said...

What a cutie!

EatPrayWearLove

Melaina25 said...

Cute outfit! My daughter has been picking out her own clothes since she was about 6 (she's 13 now)! Happy Belated Birthday!


Jill
dousedinpink.blogspot.com

Melaina25 said...

Its a yellow kind of day, he looks great, such a styling young lad

Melaina25 said...

welcome back from france!


happy wednesday!
rhea | Rhea, Et Cetera

Melaina25 said...

I feel like everywhere I turn lately people are talking about Route 66-- it makes me really want to drive along it. Oh, and that shirt is so cute!

Melaina25 said...

love that Route 66 shirt... hits close to home for me :)

Melaina25 said...

Your son is adorable! I love his shirt!


Nicole
Nicole to the
Nines

Melaina25 said...

Your son is too cute && can definitely coordinate :)

Melaina25 said...

He looks so cute. What a wee honey he is x

Melaina25 said...

That is a very cute T-shirt!! He looks so handsome wearing it! I have a son myself and I'm over the moon when I can find cute clothings for him, because usually the cute ones are only for girls! I dont want him to be cutesy or girlie later on of course, but at 18 months, I think he can still afford to be cute. Haha!


Visit me:
LeeAnne, Style N Season
http://stylenseason.blogspot.com

Melaina25 said...

Hey girl! Thanks for hosting the link-up. Just wanted to let ya know that there was a link to this link-up in my post which I added right when I linked up to it :) The link is the same color as my font so perhaps that's why you didn't notice! Hope you have a great 4th of July!