Friday 18 July 2014

Bump Watch 2014: 29 Weeks

striped high low maternity dress

First how fab is that Dr. Murad quote? I'll be living a long ass time! I've just noticed that the dress in the above photo is the same length all the way around--it's a high-low sundress. So the back should be longer than the front but my massive bump just decided to even it all out for me.

I had a midwife and physio appointment this week. The MW appointment was fairly uneventful; she took blood to test my iron and Rh and all the other regular stuff. She said baby is measuring a little bit ahead but doesn't feel fat, rather just a bit long maybe. Since NotBlondeHusband is 6'3" this isn't surprising and I think I remember them saying Blondie Boy felt long, too.  I had to schedule my whopping cough vaccine and then they said they'd bring me back again in 8 weeks. I feel like the MW is seeing me A LOT less than my first pregnancy and I kind of find that strange especially since I thought they see you more in 3rd trimester. Oh well.

Today I went to the physio and discovered that the right side of my pelvis had not only slipped out of place again but now was completely rotated-FUN! So I had it manipulated back in to place again (not fun) and am now the proud owner of a pair of shiny crutches. I'm open to suggestions on how I can dress them up for the next 10 weeks so send in your answer on a postcard (or just comment). I'm also on the look-out for a cute, but comfy backpack if you've seen any.

29 week baby size squash


*How far along?: 29 weeks 

*How big is baby?: Acorn squash
*Maternity clothes?: I had on a pink shirt my mom got when I was pregnant with BB and it was borderline short already. Oy vey.
*Sleep?: I'm not sleeping in, but I'm not up all the time
*Best moment this week?: My pregnancy pampering pedicure courtesy of my MIL
*Movement?: Yes. I've had a foot stuck in my side for the past few days and you can totally see the baby shape shifting underneath my skin/through my shirt. I think I traumatized my friend Steph for life last night.
*Food cravings?: I'm more struggling to find anything I really would like if I'm honest
*Labor signs?: No 
*Belly button in or out?: Innie; my belly button is fairly deep I don't think it will pop out. Popped out belly buttons skieve me out so it better not. 
*What I miss: Sitting, laying or standing comfortably 
*What I'm looking forward to: We're having a 3D/4D scan with Babybond tomorrow! Blondie Boy seemed really excited so hopefully he'll like seeing his sibling.
*Milestone: I have 10 weeks until my c-section.

Like to compare/contrast? Here's Blondie Boy's 29 week update from 2009.



Let's be friends! Find me here:

13 comments:

Melaina25 said...

As you recall, I had some pretty fancy crutch decorations at your wedding. Got fresh flowers handy?

Melaina25 said...

Sorry to hear you have crutches hon. Let me know how the scan goes & I want pics. Hugs to BB x

Melaina25 said...

Thanks for stopping by :) All the best with your pregnancy !!! Mine was many years back but I enjoyed it.

x Nina

http://trendsurvivor.com

Melaina25 said...

You look really amazing. Sorry to hear about all your discomfort though - pregnancy does some inconvenient things to our bodies. I've just reached 35 weeks and I'm afraid to say my belly button is sticking right out! It freaks me out too!! Have fun seeing baby at your scan tomorrow :)

Melaina25 said...

Love that dress - and it looks dead comfy in this heat too! Your midwife sounds very organised - I haven't had any talk of whooping cough vaccine and mine still hasn't rung me with my blood test results. I'm choosing to think that's a good thing though, as no news is good news in my book. I found it a bit weird not to be seen between 16 and 28 weeks but now I have my next appt for 31 weeks, which seems a bit more normal. Am also the wife of a very tall man - mine is 6ft 5 and although F only weighed 6lb 14oz at birth she was SUPER long! Thanks for linking up to the #BlogBumpClub again. xx

Melaina25 said...

Mine said if she didn't call that it meant the results were okay lol. You have to book your whopping cough at the GP so just call them :)

Melaina25 said...

Oh I would lose it if my belly button popped out---it creeps me out so much lol!

Melaina25 said...

I thought you thought the scans were creepy? :-p

Melaina25 said...

I don't think fresh flowers will work for 10 weeks!

Melaina25 said...

Oh no to the crutches - I think you need some really lovely washi tape to give them go faster stripes! But you're looking lovely in that dress and the bump is gorgeous!

Melaina25 said...

Oh gosh, sounds really painful! You look great! That's a really pretty dress. I remember my MW seeing me a lot less second time around too. I think they think you're pretty clued up by the second but not every pregnancy is the same so I think they should make the appointments equal no matter how many you've had.

Melaina25 said...

You look amazing!!!!!! So pretty. Love the dress.




Agi:)


vodkainfusedlemonade.com

Melaina25 said...

Only 10 weeks! Eeeeek! I had a planned section with Bella and it really was a lovely peaceful experience. Sorry to hear about the pelvis and crutches etc- are they helping at all? x x