You could make your own cupcakes from scratch or use a mix like I did. Here is what you need:
-Betty Crocker Triple Chocolate Cake Mix
-Betty Crocker Whipped Chocolate Frosting
-Betty Crocker Cupcake Frosting White Cloud
-Black Icing Gel
1) Bake the cupcakes as directed on the box and allow to cool.
2) Roll out a large ball of frosting in your hands (it's best if it's been in the fridge for this) and place on top of the cupcake and then top with a smaller ball. These are the turkey's head and body.
3) Arrange the candy corn around the back of the large circle to create a fan like tail.
4) Cut a candy corn in half and stick in the small ball (head) as a beak
5) Carefully/slowly pie on two white frosting eyes and add two black gel pupils.
6) Gobble up your masterpiece!
I got my ingredients from AmericanSoda.co.uk which has the largest selection of American food and drink in the UK! I often struggle to find the right ingredients in the grocery store and find a lot of great recipes online that call for American ingredients that UK stores just don't carry.
I think any expat would agree with me that the selection of baking supplies abroad is tiny compared to the US and the handful of mixes the big groceries do stock just don't taste the same. Maybe I'm a baking snob, but I want the real thing!
AmericanSoda.co.uk has everything I need for a taste of home in one place!
Check them out for a real taste of America in Europe!
Transatlantic Blonde was provided these ingredients to create this recipe