Monday 1 August 2011

Things we couldn't live without

These are just some things that we love right now and use everyday. None of these are things I've been sent or given and this post is in no way sponsored. I always disclose when I've been given something to review but just wanted to throw this out at the beginning for y'all.

babylegs baby legs arm leg warmer
Babylegs: Blondie Boy's eczema has really flared up over the past week and he's been so itchy in the crease of his elbow that he'd broken the skin. It's been pleasantly warm for Glasgow so I can't be dressing him in long sleeve tops in the heat.  I can stick on a baby leg with his t-shirt or pajamas and it keeps him from scratching away.


ella's ella kitchen fruit pouch
Pouches: Blondie Boy loves fruit pouches. I'll squeeze half a pouch into his porridge in the morning or he'll just walk about sucking on a fruit or vegetable pouch for a snack, too. Tesco has just come out with yogurt pouches as part of their new Goodness line for children which is great because it means Blondie Boy can enjoy yogurt on his own mess free!

L’OrĂ©al Solar Expertise: It's no secret that I'm so white I'm basically translucent and really getting even a bit of a tan is quite an achievement for me. I've been using this after-sun and tan prolonging lotion since we got back from France; I actually bought it in 2007 but this is the first I've used it. It has the slightest bit of self-tan in it and I love it. I'm maintaining the little bit of tan I got and I'm not orange. I highly recommend it.


duplo lego tower toddler
Duplo: Seriously Blondie Boy loves, loves, LOVES his Duplo. He'll sit and build all sorts of cars, houses, towers and who knows what for hours. It's the first thing he goes for in the mornings and I don't know if I'd get as much work done as I do during the day without them. It's been great watching his dexterity and building skills grow day by day as he plays with them, too.


Mickey Mouse Clubhouse: Who doesn't like the Hot Dog Dance? MMCH is the only show Blondie Boy watches or even shows any interest in really. We always have a few episodes on the Sky+ and I love watching Blondie Boy dance along at the end and then wave/say bye to Mickey. He's started recognizing Mickey in the grocery store and we may or may have not came back with a case of Carrefour Pomme pouches because they had Mickey on them.


lady gaga telephone cans hair
Lady Gaga: "Bad Romance" was number one when Blondie Boy was born and my oh my does he love Lady Gaga. He asks for "gaga" several times a day. We've got the video for "Judas" on Sky+, songs on our iPhones and keep CDs in the car. You've never seen such joy as when Blondie Boy busts a move to Lady Gaga.  We'll walk past a store with a Gaga song playing and he starts dancing in his stroller. When a song ends he signs "more" and says "gaga" over and over until you play or sing. He is quite possibly the Littlest Monster and if I thought it was feasible I'd take him to see her live because I know he'd love it.

7 comments:

Melaina25 said...

We love MMCH here! And Lego of all varieties.

I'd never heard of babylegs, but what a good idea. Would have helped while Boy Three had chicken pox.

Melaina25 said...

They were great for jags as I didn't have to get BB undressed, just pulled them down a bit! Super cute with onesies, too :)

Melaina25 said...

Hooray! x

Melaina25 said...

I've just tried to comment, not sure if it worked but I'll give it a go again.

I love his hat and hair in the first picture - so cute! x

Melaina25 said...

Thanks Abby! You're my toddler boy style icon so that means a lot :)

Melaina25 said...

I listened to a lot of dance music (Madonna, etc.) w baby number 1 in utero, and voila! He still, at 9, loves Madonna. Baby 2 was exposed to a lot of Nirvana and darker music, why I don't exactly know,other than it felt right/suited my mood at the time, and he still, at 6, loves Nirvana, Blur, anything dark and /or with a complex musical structure. So go Gaga, BB! 

Melaina25 said...

Aww what a cute post, it's funny he loves Lady Gaga :) x