Saturday 20 August 2011

The X-Factor: London Auditions

The X-Factor is back and with 3/4 of the judging panel stepping in for the first time I was interested to see what the dynamic would be. The same thing happened with American Idol earlier this year and well if you ask me they were *too* nice; no one wanted to step into the Simon role. No problem with that here.


Joining Louis Walsh were Kelly Rowland, Tulisa from NDubz and Gary Barlow from Take That. Gary has taken it upon himself to be the new Simon. He's not just honest, but also has taken Simon's "let them think I don't like them but I actually do" fake-em-out phrasing to the table. As for everyone else, well it's early  but so far Louis seems less grumpy than last year.


The auditions started in London and if I'm honest I wasn't impressed. I saw a lot of singers with bad hair who thought they were more talented than they are. Could they sing? Yes. Should they win the X-Factor? No. 


Each week of the auditions I'm going to pick my favourite and this week I don't think it will come as a surprise to anyone: Janet Devlin. A sixteen year old with a Ellie Goulding-esque voice. Her voice is so pure and the tone is so warm you just feel like she's giving you a big hug when she's singing. She has an amazing voice but she's so humble and not in that "oh you think I can sing? little old me?" fake humility way so many have but genuine and true humility. 




What did you think of new judges table and who was your favourite?

3 comments:

Melaina25 said...

I miss Danii and Simon. Tulisa reminds me too much of Alesha Dixon on Strictly. Kelly goes all deep and meaningful but talks sense. Gary is trying to emulate Simon and is falling short - he needs to be himself. And as for Louis, I just wish he hadn't sold out by getting his teeth done and dying his hair. He was fine as he was. 

Melaina25 said...

See I never watched Stictly so I can't make the connection. I think we'll see more as the weeks go by but they should have brought Sharon Osbourne back; I loooove Mrs O :)

Melaina25 said...

Ow wow, how cute is she, at first I thought she was maybe a bit too shy to pull it off but what an amazing performance.  Oh, and I have a bit of hair envy.