Monday 3 November 2008

My vote cost £4

So my absentee ballot never arrived. Campaign fliers arrived, so I know the BOE had my address correct and I contacted the office who assured me it was mailed on Oct 18, yet it never materialized. Watch it will probably show up tomorrow.

So I voted Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot. I only voted for President, my Congressional office, and those Dems running opposed that sent me campaign materials. I couldn't be bothered looking up information on local issues like school levys, because I won't be paying for any of them.

I read that people in Columbus, OH waited 6 hours yesterday to vote, well my wait wasn't that long, but it was about 20 minutes to wait in line at my local post office. Emma should have gotten upset waiting outside (with NBH) for me, but she got given a chew treat from a passing old lady.


So I've done my bit and sent it registered so while Clermont County BOE might choose to lose it once it arrives, I will know I did everything in my power to get it there. The post officer worker asked me if anything of value was in the envelope; I replied "Yes, my vote, but nothing of monetary value." And yes I look like crap doing my civic duty, I was sick today, but I wanted proof :)

4 comments:

Sabrina said...

Go Ryan! I would send you my "Yo Vote" (e should have an accent mark on it) that I will get tomorrow if I could. For some reason I always get a spanish sticker. Lucky for you by the time you wake up on Wednesday we should know how it all turned out.

Lorry said...

Woohoo! I certainly hope it gets there and gets counted! And not just because I'm pretty sure we voted for the same candidate….

Melaina25 said...

Not like I hide my preference, but if you were to click on the photo of me at the Post Office, I'm wearing a campaign button of my candidate of choice.

Quite the conversation starter...

Caitlin said...

I'm wearing my Obama pin today! And I voted for the only congressman who bothered to send me any election stuff in the post. I figured he put in the effort!