Wednesday 22 July 2009

Fettuccine Alfredo

Tonight I made Pioneer Woman's version of Fettuccine Alfredo. I had no idea it was so easy to make and I love it even if it is a heart attack on a plate. You don't get Alfredo in the UK, so I'm very happy to have found this recipe.

I followed the recipe as directed (although I used egg tagliatelle), but ended up microwaving the sauce after I poured the butter/cream over the parm as it was a bit chunky. It only needed 30 seconds. I also halved the recipe and we had more than enough for two servings and a bit leftover.

NBH wasn't a fan as he said it was too creamy, but he doesn't like creamy stuff in general.


Fettuccine Alfredo
1 pound fettuccine (400g)
1 stick butter (8tbsp or 4oz)
1 cup heavy cream (230ml double cream in the UK)
2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
dash of salt
freshly ground black pepper to taste

Cook pasta according to package directions.
In a saucepan or skillet, warm butter and cream.
Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Grate Parmesan cheese and place half of it into a large serving bowl.
Pour warm butter/cream mixture over the top.
Drain pasta and immediately pour it into the bowl.
Toss a couple of times, then sprinkle in the other half of the Parmesan.
Toss to combine, thinning with leftover pasta water if necessary.
Serve with salad or garlic bread and enjoy!


7 comments:

Liz said...

Two things: 1) that made me drool. I love fettuccine alfredo! and 2) is that fiestaware I see??

Melaina25 said...

It was like out of an American Italian restaurant!

And yes that is Fiestaware :) It was the only "heavy" thing I registered for in the US because I really, really wanted it for my everyday china.

Prairie Girl Wanderer said...

I will have to try this receipe next. Made Bakes Lemon Pasta this evening and it was wonderful!

Lorry said...

Your usage of Danish butter redeems you after your earlier grammatical mishaps.

Jennifer said...

i miss fettuccine alfredo ready made sauce! I might make it from scratch ...someday

Melaina25 said...

Jennifer it is so crazyily easy! I always assumed making alfredo was really complex, but this couldn't be simpler.

Jennifer said...

I was so inspired, I made it last night! Delicious!