Monday 6 July 2009

Monday Munchies

CNN had an article this weekend about 10 website to make you laugh. I knew about Someecards and Awkward Family Photos, but only one of the rest of the ten stuck out to me:

This is Why You're Fat

Now I understand the concept; food that is so calorific and disgusting it makes you fat. Such as:


The Bacon Weave Roll



Deep Fried Coke



or

Quadruple Cheese Pie



But there are other delicacies that I think aren't that out there or look yumtastic:
A Burger with Havarti and Bacon, mmm makes me think of Arthur's.

NBH has actually ordered a Munchy Box before, I'm not a fan of Pakora so it's not for me.

And all the various different takes on cheese fries really makes me want Skyline fries: DROOL!

I know some of you are going to say "Ooh you and your pregnancy cravings!" Anyone who really knows me knows that I'd be writing this post even if there wasn't a bebe. I like food especially anything vaguely American that I can't get over here.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

This past weekend, B & I ate at the new Grille 36.. and he got a deep fried cheeseburger.

I didn't know that you could deep fry cheeseburgers! We thought that just the burger would be fried up, but it turns out that the ENTIRE burger -- bun, lettuce, cheese, onions, burger and pickles -- were all thrown in the fryer until it came out looking like a crispy... thing.

He said it was the best burger he's ever had in his life haha!

Lorry said...

I sure hope no one would say "you're pregnancy cravings." What kind of language heathens read your blog?! ;-)

I'm totally going to make a havarti and bacon burger this week now, and I almost wish I could deep fry it. And put it on a stick. And serve it with cheese curds. Oooh, how I miss the Minnesota State Fair all of a sudden!

Melaina25 said...

Jen- Where Grille 36? I googled it and nae luck

Lorry- Aw crap, can I blame spell check? I hate that mix-up and I went and did it myself. Oh well, it's fixed now.

Unknown said...

It's in Pittsburgh. No luck on google, huh? It's the very first hit for me when I search!

http://www.jeromebettisgrille36.com/

Melaina25 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melaina25 said...

That's because I'm a idiot today and thought you were a Jen in Glasgow. I heard deep-fried and automatically assumed Glasgow, lol.

mrs.pinkpearls said...

Those are some crazy websites. Those dishes are crazy!