Friday 4 July 2008

Goodbye Bozo...


Bozo the Clown died :( I remember watching the Bozo show on WGN. I can't remember if I ever actually sent in a postcard to try and be the at home winner or not, but man I loved that grand prize game.

I found this online...I had no idea there was an at home version. Basically a boy and girl were selected from the studio audience to toss a ping-pong ball into a series of successively-numbered buckets until they missed. If they made the winning toss into the sixth bucket, they (and an "at-home player") received a cash prize and a bike. I'm pretty sure you got smaller prizes in the buckets leading up, but I could be wrong.




I can't remember much else besides Cooky. Do y'all remember Cooky?
I feel like maybe he got hit by pies alot? I'm going to have to search YouTube for Bozo later and refresh my memory....

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

My favorite was always Wizzo. Apparently he's still alive and selling card tricks to kids.

I feel so old knowing that Bozo has passed away.