Tuesday 28 September 2010

Totally Blissed Out

I love beauty products, especially ones that are pampering. I'd heard of Bliss before, as they are stocked in my favorite store, Sephora (why doesn't it exist in the UK?), and regularly listed in beauty magazines. I was super excited to try their products out and even roped my mother-in-law into helping me test as well.
I started first with the Bliss Vanilla and Bergamot Body Scrub which you rub on to your body BEFORE you get in the shower and then rinse off. I'm a big fan of exfoliating products and was interested to see how applying before you step in the shower would work. I expected since you started your shower with the scrub the scent would be gone by the end of your shower, but the scent lingered long after I'd finished showering. The scrub is effective, but not harsh and left my skin feeling smooth and soft. My only complaint is the scent and that is only because I am not a fan of musky smells and bergamot is a musky scent. That being said, it's not so strong that it's stopped me from using it.

After showering I followed up my scrub with Bliss Naked Body Butter Lite. Now I don't know about you, but when I see body butter I immediately think of thick and greasy--this is anything but! This moisturizer is light and refreshing and quenches dry skin without leaving you feeling like you can't sit down for the next twenty minutes. It has a light, fresh scent and I love that it comes in a pump; I hate having to dig into jars and getting moisturizer stuck under my nails. This is a random one, but the pump comes with a guard so you physically can not pump out any body butter when the guard is on. As someone who has had product spilled out in my suitcase several times I love this.

The final product we were given to test was the Bliss High Intensity Hand Cream which I gave to my lovely mother-in-law since she let Blondie Boy and I crash with her last week while NBH was in London. Here is what she had to say:

I have tried lots of hand creams and no matter what the companies say in their advertising, the problem is always the same - they remain greasy for far too long and you end up leaving fingerprints on clothes, work papers, in fact anything you touch. So when I was asked to try Bliss hand cream I was fairly sure I could predict what my reaction to it would be - I'd like to use it but my life is far too busy to wait 15 minutes for cream to soak in. I was completely wrong.
The tiny amount I applied left my hands feeling moisturised and softer. More importantly, the cream was absorbed straight away which means I can apply it anytime, whether I'm handling papers or about to fold washing. I also love the smell - fresh, clean and lemony. I'm now a complete convert to Bliss and intend to try out some of their other products. The hand cream definitely works.

If you'd like a bit of pampering in your own home shop Bliss online or request a catalog.

Transatlantic Blonde was provided these products for review.

No comments: