Saturday 4 September 2010

Wake me up

For the past two weeks I've been trialling Olay Total Effects Wake-up Wonder moisturizer (it was just me, NotBlondeHusband hasn't been using it at all, I swear). I was excited to try it out because my make-up maven Nancy at Brideface has recommended Olay products in the past. First here is what Olay has to say about it's new product:

WonderDiscover its Wake-me-up formula, with Mint Extract, for instant moisture refreshment!

Olay total effects Wake Up Wonder addresses fisrt signs of ageing with 7 age defying effects to wake up creased tired looking skin.

■Minimises lines: Visibly reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles as they start to develop
■Nourishing Moisturisation: Intensively hydrates the skin as it begins to show signs of dryness
■Tone Enhancement: Balances colour & visibly evens skin tone
■Gentle Exfoliation: Smoothes and evens skin texture
■Pore Refinement: Minimizes the appearance of pores as they become slightly more noticeable
■Brightening: For a radiant healthy glow
■Reduces the appearance of skin imperfections

Well let me start off by saying that I pretty much exclusively moisturize my face at night as that is when I wash my face, so I don't really know if it gets rid of creases. I obviously didn't pay attention and thought it just woke up skin rather than was to be used after you wake up!

The moisturizer is really light and fresh, but I was expecting it to smell like mint and to even be a bit tingly in a refreshing sort of way. I'm sure the mint extract is doing something, but it isn't contributing to the smell or any invigorating feeling. It smells nice, but isn't overly perfumed and not that I'd know or anything, but it's pretty safe to say that men built like linebackers would be happy to use it too.

My skin does feel really nice and smooth and NotBlondeHusband thinks it's evened out my skin and even calmed down some of my redness. It seems to be on sale at Boots and you can register here to request a free sample and try it out yourself!

Transatlantic Blonde was provided this product for review.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have used it. The Olay perfume, whatever it is, doesn't set my skin off at all. It does feel great. And if it is on sale at Boots, I'd better go get some, because I feel too guilty to buy it otherwise!