Friday 5 September 2014

Bump Watch 2014: 36 Weeks


So Monday I went to my first acupuncture appointment and was really hoping for good things. Obviously it is me and nothing is ever "normal" so that didn't happen. Almost right away I started feeling really warm and light-headed and then things got a little fuzzy. When the physio (who was lovely) took my blood pressure it was low and when she had me sit up it was even lower so it was off to maternity assessment for me.  They did a trace and checked my BP every 15 minutes and eventually it started to come back up again. An hour and a half, two cookies and a glass of milk later they let me go home.

It could just be I'm very susceptible to acupuncture, maybe I hadn't eaten enough--they don't know but I'm going to try again on Monday and make sure I have a good sized lunch. The rest of the week I've been busy. My contract got extended and maternity cover approved so it is nice to know I will have some work post baby. Just have a lot to do before baby first! I also went to my first Parent Council (like PTA) meeting at BB's school.

To round off the week I headed in to Debenhams AW14 press show to check out what's on tap fashion and beauty wise for the rest of 2014 with Steph and then we headed to check out some BBQ at The Raven a new bar in Glasgow. It was definitely way too much standing and hobbling for me but it was really nice to get out and see people and hopefully the mental health benefits outweigh how freaking sore I am today! 



*How far along?: 36 weeks


*How big is baby?: Honeydew Melon (BB says that looks like a delicious melon)


*Maternity clothes?: Is there anyone who doesn't wear maternity clothes at 36 weeks?


*Sleep?: I got 7 straight hours Wednesday night but was up and down all of last night.


*Best moment this week?: Even though I'm sore as hell today it was great getting out to the Debenhams AW14 preview with Steph last night.


*Movement?: Yup; I totally creeped Steph out in the elevator when I pointed out a bump ripple.


*Food cravings?: Still just stuff I can't get to easily. I contemplate driving for Krispy Kreme every so often.

*Labor signs?: No, but a mom at the PTA/Parent Council meeting thought I looked lower.


*Belly button in or out?: Shallower, but innie.


*What I miss: Being able to run in to the shops if I want or need something.


*What I'm looking forward to: NotBlondeHusband has the next few days off in a row


*Milestone: I had my last midwife appointment

Like to compare/contrast? Here is Blondie Boy's 36 week update from 2009.

Let's be friends! Find me here:

5 comments:

Melaina25 said...

Not long now! I'm at the stage where I feel pretty tired if I'm on my feet for too long - doesn't help that I'm so busy with work at the moment too. You look lovely - positively blooming. Hope the next acupuncture session is less eventful and you get some good results. x

Melaina25 said...

You're looking lovely mrs :) Not so good about the low blood pressure but at least it sorted itself out in the end. Hope the next acupuncture goes well. I've just had my maternity cover approved at work as well so will be nice to train up a new person and hand over before I leave at the end of the year. Are you getting to choose your cover or do the interviews? I'm not, will just have to wait and see what happens.



My sons school had a PTA meeting as well but I couldn't make it with working. How did yours go?

Melaina25 said...

Eeek- you need to eat more if your blood pressure is going down like that!! I have wondered about accupuncture in pregnancy so if you do go back I look forward to reading about it x x

Melaina25 said...

Aw you look lovely, sorry the acupuncture didn't go brilliantly, hopefully next time is a but more successful! Glad you had a fun time out, sometimes you have to do these things for your sanity, even though you know you will hurt afterwards!! Xx #blogbumpclub

Melaina25 said...

I hope your acupuncture session today went OK. Look forward to reading about it when you’ve had the chance to share it. X