Tuesday 23 September 2014

What I Wore Wednesday: Stylish Changing Bags

The words stylish and changing bags (diaper or nappy bags if you prefer) don't always go hand in hand. For those not in the know babies require a lot of crap (and produce a lot of actual crap) so you need a fairly large bag to cope. It's something you will take with you every time you leave the house for the next two years minimum so you really don't want something sub par. I had a great OiOi changing bag my BFF got me but five years later it has seen better days.

This time around we've opted for a bag each--one for NotBlondeHusband and one for me. We have over a foot of height difference between us so there is no dealing with constantly adjusting straps and it means we can each have a bag that is more our own style.

First up NBH's bag: Chester Satchel by JoJo Maman Bébé


Leather Satchel Changing Bag

The Chester Satchel changing bag has been designed to be both stylish and practical. Made from smart hardwearing leather-look material with internal pockets to keep everything you need organised. It also has a large exterior back pocket with magnetic closure that contains a co-ordinating padded changing mat. The shoulder strap is fully adjustable and there are additional buggy clips making it easy to hang on most prams/strollers, too.

The satchel style is a lot like the bag I got NBH years ago from a wee stall in Camden Town that he then took to Uni everyday. A lot of diaper bags can be overly feminine which to be honest look a bit silly on my 6'3" broad shouldered husband so it was great to find a bag that would work for him but also wouldn't look strange if I grabbed it for a day out, too.

That being said y'all know what I'm like and  I needed a glam bag of my own if I was going to be using it daily:  Paris by Béaba


Suede Stylish Changing Bag

The Paris bag's chic style is inspired by the leather trade with all the functions of a changing bag. Large storage space. Faux leather. Supplied with removable changing mat, anti-bacterial soother storage case, pushchair straps, isothermal meal pouch, dirty laundry bag--everything you could need disguised as a handbag.

I love that you wouldn't look at it at first glance and think changing bag. Also it is the perfect size to take my MacBook Air on my commute to work without having to carry around a giant back pack too!

We obviously still have to check them out to see how they work in real life but we are really happy with them thus far and I'm sure they will stand up to the test in practice!


Who's bag do you prefer? If you have kids did you share a bag with your partner or each have your own?

 


Let's be friends! Find me here:

14 comments:

Melaina25 said...

I love the Paris bag - especially as the unisex option. Having two bags (one for mom, one for dad) would be a disaster, right?! What if the 'magic toy' got left in the other's? Good luck with the delivery - I wish you a fast and easy recovery!

Melaina25 said...

Oh having 2 bags is a good idea! :) I ended up picking the bag and letting hubby pick the colour so it was something we would both like. Even though I didn't like his colour selection at first, I have to say it's a very practical colour :)

Away From The Blue

Melaina25 said...

my how diaper bags have changed, I love the chester satchel.

Melaina25 said...

I would prefer the second bag because the first one looks like something I'd wear mostly to work. I'm so glad that maternity items and clothes have become to fashionable!


www.dressed2dnines.com

Melaina25 said...

We don't have kids (yet), but I love the idea of having two bags! I am sure I would want something kind of girly, or at least purse-like, and he would not be on board with carrying that! But I really like both of these bags -- they're classic and versatile, and neither looks like an obvious "diaper bag."

Melaina25 said...

Wow those are pretty bags - have a great Wednesday!!!


Rebecca
www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

Melaina25 said...

Such a good idea having the two bags. You'd never guess that either of them were changing bags either they're lovely. Not long until you get to put them to the test now :-)

Melaina25 said...

Love these chic bags!! Can't believe they are changing bags. Thanks for hosting:)
Marta
www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

Melaina25 said...

I have an OiOi bag and another "luxury" changing bag and they are both fantastic. I've never heard of either of these new brands you mentioned, but both styles are so great. It is nice to have a changing bag that is stylish because you don't have to worry about completely loosing your cool after parenthood! WHAT A GREAT IDEA having a bag for each of you. I HATE when my husband uses my bag and messes all the straps up. good luck with your Csection. I'm hosting a giveaway for a $600 Italian leather belt and a real mom style #reasonstodress linkup if you get a chance I would love to have you stop by.

Melaina25 said...

You would never know those are changing bags! The Paris bag is so chic!


Jill
dousedinpink.blogspot.com

Melaina25 said...

Great finds on both. It makes a lot of sense that it would be easier to have your own especially with the height difference.

xo, Amy Ann
The Real Arnolds

Melaina25 said...

Definitely love the Chester Satchel! You can even turn it from a baby diaper bag to an everyday fabulous bag! xx, Conni

Melaina25 said...

yes bags

Melaina25 said...

I don't have kids, so I've never given much thought to diaper/changing bags, but you make SUCH a good point! You absolutely will be toting that thing around on a daily basis for a long time. I'm glad there are such stylish and pretty ones for all those moms and dads to choose from. Your choices are great - they look just like regular handbags.

xo
Kym
bitty.and.bunny