Friday 12 September 2014

Bump Watch 2014: 37 Weeks


Here I am full-term in all my sans-fards glory. No make-up and only half dried hair doesn't make for quite as nice as the fab photo Steph took last week but it is most more realistic to what I look like day to day.  I had acupuncture on Monday and made sure to eat in the car on the way over, had NotBlondeHusband drop me at the door & wore a sleeveless top and my blood pressure was A-ok. I actually felt like walking was a little less painful the next day but then Wednesday evening/night  I was crazy sore.

Today as well has probably been the most pain I've been in; I think I'm just near the end and in addition to the SPD I have the weight of baby on my pelvis plus their head banging in to it as well. I pretty much can't walk anywhere with the crutches so I'm only leaving my bed if I have to. It sucks and I'm basically having a pity party for myself 24/7 but there are only 2 weeks until my c-section. 

It's not fair on Blondie Boy and especially not NBH that I can't do anything and I'm very lucky they are both being crazy helpful and understanding. I'm also grateful for NBH's parents who are helping out with Blondie Boy when they can.  

Next week is a big week--first we have the Scottish referendum on Thursday and I have my pre-op appointment on Friday. I'm also going to try and get booked for some pre-op pampering as I have vouchers that my old co-workers gave me that expire at the end of this month. Since I can't park near the salon NBH is going to drop me off at the door and pick me up. It's really frustrating having to rely on someone else so much and I know it can't be easy for NBH to have to pick up all the slack either.

So if you see me bitching and moaning on twitter I'm sorry. The baby is perfectly fine, it's just me who's having issues and while I have tried not to moan too much publicly I've pretty much hit my limit. I honestly don't know how people with chronic pain and mobility issues get by on a regular basis and I'm very lucky that this is all only (hopefully) temporary.


*How far along?: 37 weeks
*How big is baby?: Winter Melon--is that a real thing? It looks like a girthy cucumber.
*Maternity clothes?: No I'm living solely in Size 0 Designer Samples
*Sleep?: I tend to have one night where I only wake up once (yay!) followed by the next night of waking up tons. It's a craptastic pattern.
*Best moment this week?: NBH's Mum treated me to some Yo Sushi, yum!
*Movement?: Yes this kid takes after their brother and is not letting up
*Food cravings?: I really like this New Yorker from Pret last week and I'd like to have it again but there is no way for me to get to a Pret
*Labor signs?: No but I think I'm having Braxton Hicks unless they aren't supposed to hurt in which case I'm having random real contractions
*Belly button in or out?: Innie
*What I miss: Being able to go places and do things and not be in pain
*What I'm looking forward to: Acupuncture on Monday
*Milestone: 9 months pregnant! Baby is officially full term. Just for fun I've got some polls below if you want to wager what you think bebe will be!

If you like to compare/contrast here is Blondie Boy's 37 week update form 2009.

Is it a boy or girl bump?
Boy
Girl

Poll Maker


Blondie Baby or....
Another Blondie Baby
Dark like Daddy
Radom Redhead
Poll Maker
Let's be friends! Find me here:

6 comments:

Melaina25 said...

Oh I really do feel for you. You sound positive though- only two more weeks until your section, and you know it will be worth it x x x

Melaina25 said...

Aww it's no fun being in pain :( Really feel for you. At least the end is in sight now, hurray! Only 2 more weeks and you'll have a beautiful bouncing baby :D

Melaina25 said...

I have my ups/downs that is for sure!

Melaina25 said...

I don't envy anyone with chronic pain that is for sure.

Melaina25 said...

You're so close! and beautiful as ever! I'm sorry the last few weeks have been painful :( It will be so worth it when that little cutie makes his/her appearance!


xo,
Kylie

Melaina25 said...

Your bump is looking so amazing. I remember pregnancy pain and feel terribly sorry for you and I agree I have no idea how people with chronic pain get by. Focus on whatever you need to focus on to help you feel better an hopefully your acupuncture will relieve some of that tension and pain. I wanted to invite you to join a link up for Real Moms that I'm hosting for the first time next Tuesday. It is part of a real mom street style photography series I do where i go around photographing real stylish moms, but I worry you'll be too busy! If you can make it I'd love to have you...if you are holding your newborn I'm happy for you! Hang in there!

Angie from reasons to dress