Friday 26 September 2014

Bump Watch 2014: 39 Weeks


Here we are---my very last bump post. It's the night before my c-section so technically I'm 38 weeks, 6 days and 23 hours but I think it's okay we just call it 39 right?  I'm casually munching on a pop tart and drinking a pint of milk before I have to fast from midnight. I've finished packing my hospital bag (literally 10 minutes ago) and we just have a few baby clothes to finish drying and the baby's bag will be done, too. The house is all in order with prams, moses baskets and the like all built up. Laundry done, dishes clean, floors vacuumed--all thanks to NotBlondeHusband and his mother.

I'm more than ready for this pregnancy to be over. It's not a secret that my body pretty much did not like me being pregnant and that I've gotten pretty fed up with how incapacitated I've become because of it. My Mom and her husband both arrived in Glasgow tonight and have gone to Troon with Blondie Boy to stay at my mother-in-law's house while I'm in the hospital.  It means BB gets time with both his grandmas and NBH doesn't have to worry about taking care of him and visiting with me.

I'm slightly anxious about the hospital stay--in UK hospitals husbands are only allowed in 9-9 which is the part I hate the most, followed quickly by the fact you are on a ward with 6 other people separated only by a cloth curtain. I've packed ear-plugs and an eye-mask and am hoping for the best. I'm very grateful for the NHS but I do get jealous of my friends back home with private rooms where their husband can spend the night too.

NBH's Dad is picking us up at 7am to drop us at the hospital and then well I don't really know what will happen. They don't tell you specifically what time your turn is so we could be first or we could be in for a long wait. I've packed magazines and downloaded a lot of intellectually stimulating tv shows  Here Comes Honey Boo Boo to the iPad; hopefully that will keep me distracted from the fasting and the waiting. If I'm honest I'm not sure I'll sleep much tonight so maybe I will nap too.

So when you are reading this maybe I'm sitting waiting in a hospital bed, in a theatre getting prepped for surgery or recovering with our new baby. I'm always surprised that people read the random things I have to say here and I'm really grateful to anyone who's followed along this pregnancy journey. It's been a weird one from going on job interviews in the 2nd trimester to severe SPD but I'm glad y'all were here to share it with me.


*How far along?: 39 weeks
*Total weight gain: 13kg (according to MW 12.5 is average)
*How big is baby?: A watermelon
*Maternity clothes?: No I'm gliding around in a string bikini
*Sleep?: The past two days I've woken up before 5:30am; not cool.
*Best moment this week?: Started maternity leave
*Movement?: Yes, while the bebe has mellowed slightly and isn't quite as violent they are still moving tons.
*Food cravings?: I really want a Barq's Red Creme Soda mostly because no one can source one for me!
*Labor signs?: None; if I didn't have my section booked I think we'd be looking at another 41 weeker.
*Belly button in or out?: Innie.
*What I miss: Same as always--not being sore & being independent.
*What I'm looking forward to: Hmm let me think....maybe having a baby today?
*Milestone: See above--WE ARE HAVING A BABY!


Let's be friends! Find me here:

7 comments:

Melaina25 said...

Super excited for you all, hope you're all well and I'm super excited to hear your news!

Melaina25 said...

Good Luck! By the way, did you hear that Mama June and Sugar Bear split up b/c June found Sugar Bear had an online dating profile and such?

http://dogmomchic.blogspot.com/

Melaina25 said...

Eeeek! Exciting! Can't wait to hear what flavour you've been cooking. I wonder if you are in the same place I had my two...I could bring supplies lol. Hope all goes well.

Melaina25 said...

Oh that's so exciting, and also a little bit strange knowing for certain that tomorrow you will be a family of four. Good luck (not that you'll need it) and I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get to be first on the list - and that you get a window on post-natal, that was always a big plus for me!

Melaina25 said...

Ah, as I read this I know that you are sitting with baby in your arms! Huge congratulations to you :) x xx

Melaina25 said...

Good Luck! Wish you all the best and look forward to hearing how it all went. Glad to hear your family has all arrived. My baby’s grandparents live in South Africa so I know the feeling, the grand mother is gutted that she won’t be here. But she’ll meet him soon enough. All the best to you xx

Melaina25 said...

You look fantastic! :)

It must be so strange having a booked day to meet your baby - I can't imagine I would sleep much! Hope that everything went smoothly and you managed to get some sleep - being on a ward with no rooms with lots of newborn babies doesn't sound like the best place to recover, haha! Can't wait to hear all about it and see baby! :)

Away From The Blue