Wednesday 10 September 2014

What I Wore Wednesday: Debenhams AW14

Last week I headed off to the Debenhams AW 14 Press Show with my friend and fabulous photographer Steph. I haven't been attending many events recently since I'm on crutches but there was no way I was going to miss a preview of what Debenhams has on offer this autumn and fall. I definitely paid for it the next day but I'm so glad I went.

There was lots of glitter and glam on offer for the holiday season with full length sequin gowns and loads of faux fur but my favourite holiday offers came from the beauty department. Debenhams has some amazing beauty counters and their holiday treats did not disappoint.

How cute are these Benefit Christmas sets? I particularly love the  advent calendar filled with 24 miniature products plus one of the brand's bestselling products or a surprise gift. It will be available from mid-October at Debenhams and is sure to sell-out! There are also smaller gift-sets like Cutie Cravings if a full 25 days of surprises isn't your thing.



I've been looking for a new shadow palette since I started commuting in June; I love my Urban Decay Naked palette but wanted something a bit more compact I could easily throw in my bag and use on my hour train ride every morning. I love the new palettes from Too Faced. The bottom palette is an amazing value all-in-one that would make a fab gift but I love how the smaller Cat Eyes palette has everything you'd need for a simple smokey eye to a sexy evening look. It doesn't hurt that it's leopard print either!


This Ole Henriksen gift set grabbed my eye as I've been using their Truth Serum Collagen Booster for the past few months. It is a potent vitamin C complex to brighten and smooth and I absolutely love it. I received a sample of the African Red Tea Foaming Cleanser, which also appears in the gift set, which I can't wait to try, too.

It wasn't just all beauty though. Steph and I both fell for some hot pink fabulousness.


I mentioned before that faux fur was a big feature in many of the collections and it probably comes as no surprise that I fell for hot pink faux fur. I love this H! by Henry Holland leather motorcycle jacket and the faux fur collar just takes it to a whole other level. Leather, zips, hot pink---I'm sold!


Steph fell for this blinged out hot pink clutch evening bag that would be perfect for dressing up a little black dress or for a night out on the town. She's just as much a sucker for bright colour and sparkles as I am.

We had a great time and as much as I'm sad to see summer weather go I'm looking forward to what autumn fashion has in store for us all. I have a feeling I won't be getting my flip-flops out again any time soon!


What AW trends are you most looking forward to this year?



Let's be friends! Find me here:

17 comments:

Melaina25 said...

I would have fallen for that bag too.

Melaina25 said...

You just made me even more excited for the holiday season!! Benefit can do no wrong, and I always love makeup gift sets this time of year :)

Melaina25 said...

Wow! That Benefit holiday collection looks so pretty!

Melaina25 said...

I can't believe that the holidays are almost here....how time flies!!! And that Benefit collection is so adorable!!!!


Rebecca
www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

Melaina25 said...

The blinged hot pink clutch is lovely. I agree that it would look amazing with a LBD.

Princess Audu

Melaina25 said...

That Henry Holland jacket is gorgeous, I NEED it! Will definitely be keeping an eye out for the Benefit Advent Calendar too. Such a cute idea!

Melaina25 said...

I am drooling over that pink clutch too!!


BTW, I am hosting my first link up on Thursday and hope you can join me.


Alice
www.happinessatmidlife.com

Melaina25 said...

OMG the Benefit Makeup Compact is too cute from the outside. And that Too Faced Palette is beautiful. I want that make-up palette and the adorable hot pink clutch.


Looking beautiful the last days of your pregnancy. Take it easy and be healthy! <3 Ada.

Melaina25 said...

That dress is so beautiful on you! You and your bump are looking great! :)

Melaina25 said...

So many great things to choose from! You are looking so adorable too:)
Marta, xo
www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

Melaina25 said...

Aww your glowing chick, looking fabulous! I want that benefit advent Calander, is it suer expensive?

Melaina25 said...

Great picks! Those Benefit sets are cute and I'm loving that moto jacket! You are glowing and look adorable!


Jill
dousedinpink.blogspot.com

Melaina25 said...

I want that Benefit Advent calendar! I hope they sell it here...or some international future in-laws get me a christmas present...haha.

Tara
Penniless Socialite
Bracelet Giveaway!

Melaina25 said...

The colors in the Cat Eye palette are gorgeous!

Melaina25 said...

Moto jacket with hot pink faux fur trim? Count me in! Love it.

Melaina25 said...

Looking good x

Melaina25 said...

Such great finds! That advent calendar is so cute!
www.smalltownsisters.blogspot.com