Tuesday 17 May 2011

The return of Feminist Friday

It seems I've been surprised and even upset about a lot of things happening around me lately. A patriarchal press release, a sexist Prime Minister and now an MP has said "If young girls were taught abstinence, there would be less sex abuse."


I could get angry about it, but instead I'm going to do something about it.


I'm a proud feminist and I don't think that's something to be ashamed of and in fact I think it's something we should see MORE of today.  So I'm bringing back Feminist Fridays.  This week it's easy: when do you first remember claiming your feminist identity? What moment triggered you to say "I'm a feminist."


 If you have a suggestion for a future theme please get in touch!


The Friday Feminist Mom Round up


Here's how it works. Write a blog about being a feminist mom, raising a feminist child, a rant or anything that falls under the realm of being a feminist mom. Come back and link your post and post the button on your blog.


That's it.


You don't even have to be a blogger to take part - just send me your post and I will publish it on my blog for you. You don't even have to include your name if you prefer.


When you've published it, come back on Friday and via a widget thing you can add a link to your post and share it with everyone. The link remains open for 5 days.


Visit others, comment if you like them or feel inspired by them. Just go out and encourage and support other feminist Moms.


The more support you give, the more you will get back! I can't wait to meet and interact with other feminist moms around the world!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you're bringing it back. I'll try and remember my moment

Write Now, aka MAry McDonough-Clark said...

I am so glad you started doing this again!
Your friend's story is devastating; I am glad she got to have a child when she was ready, and that she is now getting the chance to be a doc who works for the best interests of all of her patients.