Sunday 23 September 2012

Egg Free Soft Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

I'm really picky about cookies; I'm not a fan of cookies that are hard or crunchy- I'm more of a soft cookie kind of girl, especially when it comes to oatmeal raisin cookies. Blondie Boy and I made these egg free oatmeal raisin cookies and they are REALLY good. I used my cookie scoop again but I wouldn't next time since the dough is quite sticky it was hard to get out! I think I also might add a tablespoon of honey next time just to make them that little bit more moist but they are pretty perfect as is. I adapted a recipe I found on Reci"peas" and to get my version of the perfect Egg Free Soft Oatmeal Raisin Cookie.


Egg Free Oatmeal Raisin Cookies


egg free oatmeal raisin cookies

1 cup oats 
1 cup plain/all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup softened butter 
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/3 cup milk
1 cup raisins





Preheat oven to 350/170 degrees. Cream the butter, milk, vanilla, and sugars together and in another large bowl, combine oats, flour, baking powder, and salt together. Once the butter mixture is creamed add the dry mixture a little at a time to the wet ingredients, until combined.Fold in the raisins and spoon dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet (I lined my cookie sheet with baking/wax paper for easy clean up), spacing an inch apart. You should get 12-15 cookies depending on how large you make them.

Bake 10-13 minutes or until cookies are set and edges are golden brown. Remember there are no eggs so you don't really have to worry about under-cooking. Allow cookies to rest on cookie sheet for one minute before transferring to a cooling rack or plate to cool. I have stored mine in ziplock bags and they've kept well for a week. 

Blondie Boy really likes them so that is the best seal of approval for me They were super easy to make and I pretty much always have the ingredients in the house so I'm sure I will make them again soon. Even if you don't have an egg allergy in your family I'd highly recommend giving these a try!

13 comments:

Melaina25 said...

These cookies sound delicious!


Thanks so much for linking up at the CHQ Blog Hop. We're thrilled you joined us last week and hope you'll be back next week as well! We've got another AMAZING giveaway for everyone...you won't want to miss it!

Melaina25 said...

Your cookies look so yummy! Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent! I am so thrilled to have you share. Just followed your great blog. :)

Melaina25 said...

I'm so glad that I found you on Show and Tell Saturday! I love this recipe and I too am a soft cookie girl. Thank you so much for sharing! Can't wait to read the rest of your blog:) Katie Drane www.funhomethings.com

Melaina25 said...

I should give these cookies a try maybe next weekend x

Melaina25 said...

These cookies sound AAAMMMAAAZING! Stopping by from the Friday Chaos Bloghop! I'm one of the co-hosts this week and now your newest follower! Thanks so much for linking up! If you get the chance, we'd love you to stop by the blog and follow back :) Thanks,
Vikki xxx
http://www.littlelovesblog.co.uk

Melaina25 said...

Thanks! They were super yummy!

Melaina25 said...

They are so good and you don't have to worry about little helpers sticking their fingers in since they are egg free!

Melaina25 said...

Thanks Katie! All my Egg-Free Recipes are tabbed at the top!

Melaina25 said...

They were mega yummy!

Melaina25 said...

They were super yummy :)

Melaina25 said...

My daughter has an egg allergy so we are always on the look out for tasty recipes we can cook together.

Melaina25 said...

All my egg-free recipes are on a tab at the top of my blog! Hope there are few y'all like :)

Melaina25 said...

I've been using your recipe for over a year and have tried lots of adaptations like using dairy-free alternatives to the milk and butter, using different dried fruit, adding chocolate, etc. and it always works!!! Thank you so much for this recipe :-)