Wednesday 31 October 2012

What I Wore Wednesday: Honey Boo Boo Halloween

One of my favourite things about being home this time of year is that I'm home for the Halloween party my Dad throws! I decided to stick with my reality theme from last year after I saw this dress on sale in Glasgow and knew who I had to be!



The scary thing to me is that this is a real dress; like from a store where you'd buy clothes to wear in your every day life not a costume place! It screams Toddler and Tiaras to me so I paired it with a crown, sash and of course "go go juice" to be Honey Boo Boo Chile. I've never actually seen her tv show (it's not on in the UK) but I thought it was a fun costume! NotBlondeHusband was the Dude from The Big Lebowski because he wanted someone with a beard and long hair and didn't feel like going all out. 



My friend Dana was a spider with balloons on her back for legs which was really cool! We've been friends for almost twenty years which is just crazy to me! She's got two super cute boys and hopefully we can find time to have a play date for them and Blondie Boy.



Allyson from Day in the Life was a pregnant nun which was funny because people couldn't figure out if she was really pregnant or not because they didn't know her. Plus when isn't it funny watching a pregnant nun eat alcoholic whipped cream? Note at this point in the night I thought it was "cute" to try and make Honey Boo Boo faces. I was wrong--it was not cute.



My friend Steve and I have been friends since we were 6. One Halloween many years ago he sacrificed me on the school playground to bring a mummy back to life. Don't worry it didn't work ;) Steve was Johnny from the Karate Kid. I've never seen the Karate Kid so I mostly enjoyed the costume because I had to staple him into it when the zipper broke towards the end of the night.

Did you go to a Halloween party this past weekend? What did you dress up as?


53 comments:

Melaina25 said...

This is hysterical! Love this costume!

Melaina25 said...

the dude abides! love it. :)

Melaina25 said...

I love your honey boo boo costume!


Bisous
Suzanne

Melaina25 said...

I love the Honey Boo Boo costume! Looks like it was a great party!

Melaina25 said...

OMG! Dying. That dress is PERFECT! Jealous! Best costume ever!!!!

Melaina25 said...

I've never seen the show either, but your costume is adorable!! Glad you had a good time.

Melaina25 said...

great costume

Xo Megan

Melaina25 said...

You look lovely great dress,glad you had a great time :)

Melaina25 said...

You look very cute!

Melaina25 said...

You make a darlin' Honey Boo Boo!

Melaina25 said...

Cute costume! My husband and I dressed up as characters from the movie Grease;)

Melaina25 said...

I love this costume! I saw your tweet. We were spared the worst of the storm, but we don't have heat or hot water and neither of use has been to work this week. I might be going crazy from boredom.
Tara

Melaina25 said...

you look like you're having so much fun in those pics! lovely to see!x

Melaina25 said...

omg i am CRACKING up!! what a hilarious costume!!!!

Melaina25 said...

You look super cute and it looks like a lot of fun. x

Melaina25 said...

HONEY BOO BOO! That is great!

Melaina25 said...

OMG you even have her drink!! Amazing!

Melaina25 said...

what a hilarious costume!

Chioma


C's Evolution of Style

Melaina25 said...

What a fun costume! Can't believe it's a real regular dress :) who would wear it and for what occasion?

Melaina25 said...

i love it! my daughter is dressed up as a toddler and tiara's girl today-its pretty funny (and cute)
! this is my first time linking up with you and i am your newest follower. thanks so much! come see me when you have a minute www.kendrakaypahukoa.blogspot.com oh and i read your other post about your travel, uh, seriously someone stole your kids backpack??!! wow! glad you got the toys etc. but that is really sad!

have a great rest of the week!

Melaina25 said...

What a fun party. It looks as you all had a great time! All the costumes are very creative!

Melaina25 said...

I think I had a bridesmaids dress once that looked like that!

Melaina25 said...

Looks like a fun party! I went to a party on Saturday dressed as Clara Bow.

Melaina25 said...

Love your cute frou frou dress (people actually wear that to an actual place???)! And you totally look like a toddler in a tiara! Well.......mostly ;)

Melaina25 said...

Love your costume!! Looks like fun!

Melaina25 said...

That looks fun! I've never been to a Halloween party and never dressed up to any costume. Cute costume btw, I just recently watched a few episodes of Honey boo boo on youtube. :) It was a funny show!


Kaye - www.itsmekikay.com

Melaina25 said...

I've heard the name around the internet, but I actually have no idea who Honey Boo Boo is. But it looks like you had fun! :)

Melaina25 said...

So cute! I love the commentary throughout! :)

Melaina25 said...

Serious awesomeness.

Melaina25 said...

You look fabulous and there are some other great ideas for a costume (I like the idea of balloons for spiders legs). I just popped over from http://damsonlane.com to check out your lovely blog from Blog Your Own Blog Horn :D

Melaina25 said...

oooh what fun it all looks.

Melaina25 said...

Ha! Love it! I'm glad you weren't actually sacrificed, because then you'd never have moved to Bonny Scotland and met us all. ;) Can't WAIT until they bring Honey Boo Boo here - perhaps we should start a petition to speed things up!!!!

Melaina25 said...

I know right? We were strange little kids. I'm all for writing a petition to get Honey Boo Boo to the UK!

Melaina25 said...

It was fun!

Melaina25 said...

She was on Toddlers and Tiaras and now has her own show.

Melaina25 said...

I know it is scary that some adult has worn the same thing not as a costume!

Melaina25 said...

Ooh much classier than me :)

Melaina25 said...

OMG seriously?

Melaina25 said...

I know right?

Melaina25 said...

It's all about the details! It wouldn't be Honey Boo Boo without the Go Go Juice :)

Melaina25 said...

It was a great party!

Melaina25 said...

I saw the dress and had no choice I had to do it :)

Melaina25 said...

Thanks Molly!

Melaina25 said...

It was a great night

Melaina25 said...

Ugh I'm glad y'all were okay though xx

Melaina25 said...

Fun!

Melaina25 said...

Aw thanks x

Melaina25 said...

Thanks Jeanine x

Melaina25 said...

Thanks! Can you imagine someone wearing it not as a costume?!?

Melaina25 said...

Thanks Suzanne!

Melaina25 said...

I told him he needed to have a White Russian but he hates milk and wouldn't do it!

Melaina25 said...

Thanks Carly!

Melaina25 said...

It was a fab night!