Saturday 15 August 2009

Detailed Scan

Yesterday, we went for my detailed scan, which is sometimes called an anomaly scan. You aren't given one automatically in my health board area, but come on y'all know me, I get what I want!

Basically a Doctor comes and looks at the baby's brain, spine, face, heart, limbs and other organs to make sure there aren't any visible defects.

Baby Moore was what she called "a wriggler" aka they wouldn't sit still and kept moving about. As NBH said "we can tell it's yours;" me a bit hyper? Never! The babe was also sticking it's tongue out at us, so it is cheeky already.

Everything looked great. You could clearly see all 4 chambers of the heart beating away and she said the baby had chubby cheeks and long legs, so a little bit of me and a little bit of NBH already. I had a dream we saw chubby cheeks on an ultrasound, so that was a bit creepy!

Later she realized she hadn't printed off pictures for us and went back to take some and it had gone to sleep and wouldn't move. So basically whatever the Dr. wanted, it did the opposite. Personally I kinda think it looks like a Panda and a bit creepy here, but here are the pics.


Imagine the baby is lying down and looking at you from the side. The two black spots are eyes (remember it is like an xray).

We do know what sex the baby is, but as some family members would prefer to be surprised, we will not be announcing what that is. Sorry!!

4 comments:

andrea said...

The baby looks perfect :) I am so excited for you guys! Yay!

Anonymous said...

Wooot! Glad s/he is healthy and happy! :)

A girl has no name said...

I can keep a secret ;)

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you had a great appt. The heart really is amazing isn't it??
m.monkey