Wednesday 18 December 2013

What I Wore Wednesday: Christmas Onesie

So last week was my work Christmas party, this week it is the turn of the Scottish Blogger Christmas party! My fellow lassie Steph and I headed off the the newly relaunched October on the top of Princes Square for some festive fun organized by Paula and Scott.

The theme of the evening was festive family fun so instead of going for Christmas sweaters Stephie and I decided that we need to go big--and big we went with Christmas onesies. 


Reindeer onesie

Reindeer onesie

Christmas Onesie-Primark
Sheepskin Boots- Uggs
Jingle Bell Antlers- Poundland

I've never worn a onesie in my life (okay maybe as a baby) and never in public! We got a lot of double takes walking down Buchanan Street but it was so much fun. I will say that onesies are not exactly flattering and because we are both on the shorter side we had the massive pouch of fupa fabric leftover that was umm not very attractive!
The night was so much fun with goodie bags filled to the brim with treats from the likes of Blanx, Lush, Metcalfe Skinny and more!

Image by Pretty Polly's Blog.
There were lots of cocktails (ours had glowsticks in them!), a charity raffle, secret santa and just a great time catching up with bloggy friends. It is always great to meet people you chat with on twitter and put a face to the avatar!

Reindeer Cocktail

I think I'll be retiring my onesie for now though; what do you think about onesies? Fashion favourite or fashion faux-pas?


Let's be friends! Find me here:

40 comments:

Melaina25 said...

Love it! Looks like you guys had an absolute blast! It's nice to throw caution to the wind sometimes ...

XJo

http://www.myselfexpressed.com/

Melaina25 said...

I can't remember the last time I owned a onsie...maybe it was 20 years ago, however, the last time I was in Canada I saw them in all of the malls! I really wanted one, but surprisingly there are very few onsies for people under five feet tall! I think it is cute, and there is nothing wrong with cute, but if you're dressing the impress a husband...best to stay away!

Melaina25 said...

Such fun costumes! :)

Away From The Blue

Melaina25 said...

Ha, definitely thumbs down! :)

Melaina25 said...

They look so warm & cosy! I love my onsie for lounging in at home, give it a try before retiring it to the back of the cupboard!

Melaina25 said...

Haha, you look great! I'm getting an Eeyore onesie for Xmas and am so excited to be able to chill out on Xmas day all snuggled up in it!

Melaina25 said...

A onsie in public? Never!!! Glad you are retiring it hon. In the house I'm sure it's fine ;) xx

Melaina25 said...

Love the matching onsies!

Melaina25 said...

Funny! Looks like the party was a blast :)

Melaina25 said...

Too fun!!! Looks like such great time!!


Alice
www.happinessatmidlife.com


P.S. I am hosting a Kensie giveaway, hope you stop by and enter.

Melaina25 said...

What great photos. I love the pattern on the onesie.

Melaina25 said...

Hahaha! LOVE y'all's onsies! Y'all have such a great sense of humor. :)
~Callie
www.creationsbycallie.com

Melaina25 said...

Ha! I love it. Too funny with the onesies.

Melaina25 said...

haha I love this so much! The onesie is absolutely perfect! Happy holidays!
xoxo Toni
tonieveryday.com

Melaina25 said...

Looks like you had a great time! Thing One and Thing Two! I got a onesie at a clothing exchange and wore it at home once before I came to my senses (no judgment!) LOL!

Melaina25 said...

Haha! Now normally I'd disown somebody for being out in public in a onesie but this is hilarious! Looks like you had a really fun night :-)

Melaina25 said...

You guy's look like your having a fabulous time!!! :D Love it!

Melaina25 said...

It was a super fun night!

Melaina25 said...

It was a fun night and I promise I will never wear it in public again!

Melaina25 said...

LOL I've never really gotten the appeal of onesies but it was fun :)

Melaina25 said...

My one and only onesie experience :)

Melaina25 said...

We aim to please :)

Melaina25 said...

A onesie on a plane? Was it an overnight flight at least?

Melaina25 said...

They were comfy but not chic lol.

Melaina25 said...

As long as we are funny to laugh with and not at :)

Melaina25 said...

I hate the onesie but love the pattern! I got pj pants in the same pattern :)

Melaina25 said...

I'll come check it out!

Melaina25 said...

It was a lot of fun!

Melaina25 said...

:) Thanks!

Melaina25 said...

I don't think it will EVER get worn again :)

Melaina25 said...

It's definitely a look for home and not out :)

Melaina25 said...

It's all buttons up the front so it's not exactly easy to get in/out of!

Melaina25 said...

It is not something I'll ever be wearing again :)

Melaina25 said...

It was a fun night!

Melaina25 said...

They definitely aren't made for shorties!

Melaina25 said...

Sometimes you gotta go big or go home!

Melaina25 said...

Hmmmm onesies...definitely just for Christmas time, I reckon. You two looked pretty good in yours, though!

Melaina25 said...

I had a onesie too! Ck it out :D

Melaina25 said...

Just so long as you never look at your rear view in a onesie, you'll be fine.

Melaina25 said...

Those onesies are rather cool! We dont own any in this house! Maybe 2014 might be our year! ;)