Tuesday 3 December 2013

What I Wore Wednesday: Nail Art

One of the things I've gotten back into fashion-wise since starting back in an office is painting my nails. I'm not sure why but plain nails just bum me out and I've convinced myself manicured nails are more professional some how. Sometimes I just go for a plain manicure but I've been getting more and more adventurous with trying out nail art.

I'm nowhere near good enough to try anything too crazy but I have been mixing it up and stepping out of my statement nail or glitter top coat comfort zone.  To be fair there is still a lot of glitter and a plethora of statement nails but I'm trying a few different things, too!


Black French manicure

I went to HM to buy something and saw a black nail art pen in that "impulse buy" bin while I was waiting to pay---you know what I mean where everything is just cheap enough that you HAVE to have it? It took three of us probably about 10x each before we figured out how to open up the stupid pen but I was pretty happy at my first attempt at a funky French manicure.


Silver Glitter Nail Stripe

I really wanted to try using masking tape to do some nail art but I'm lazy so I only did it on one nail. I'm actually pretty pleased with how this turned out even if it is a statement nail, nail art hybrid. Masking tape isn't really ideal for nail art though so I'll need to find something else that works better.


Gold Caviar Manicure

Finally I did a caviar manicure statement nail. Again I'm lazy and one nail alone on each hand was hassle enough. I like the idea of a caviar manicure but like I mentioned it wasn't easy and the beads chipped off the edge of my nail overnight and by 3pm the next day I'd picked the rest off. I'm also just not really sure about this colour either.

Have you ever tried nail art? What is your favourite colour or design to wear?

What I Wore Wednesday


Let's be friends! Find me here:

37 comments:

Melaina25 said...

I like the middle ones x

Melaina25 said...

I actually prefer the last ones. I think they look great! What type of beads did you use? I found that microbeads work really well with just a simple coat of clear polish before and after adding the beads.

Melaina25 said...

Oh I LOVE the last one - caviar mani's are so fab!


Lauren xx
www.stylelixir.com

Melaina25 said...

love the last one- especially the color. i have had concern about the caviar nails falling off as well. it just looks like how could it stay on and last??

Melaina25 said...

Got mesmerized by the ring almost missed the nails.I like the blue. I am preoccupied with painting my ring finger a contrasting colour lately. Today I have gold shimmer on but my ring finger has blue shimmer, love the look

Melaina25 said...

I am so lazy when it comes to my nails, you've inspired me to just do something....ugh does this mean I also need to do something about my hair? Maybe I'll start with my nails and then take it from there.

Melaina25 said...

I'm not really into nail art (lack of time and talent) but totally applaud your efforts. I do agree than manicured nails are a much more professional office projection. Happy Wed xo

Melaina25 said...

All of the manis are so pretty. I would love to have a mani but don't have the time to go to the salon and when I do it - it's like my 5 year old painted my nails. So bare nails it is.


Alice
www.happinessatmidlife.com

Melaina25 said...

I've always been a fan of the statement nail. I really like the caviar polish!

Melaina25 said...

You always have such lovely nails! I struggle to just do nail varnish I'm rubbish but I have actually bought my teenage daughter that very nail art pen from H&M for Christmas in the hope that she will do mine too! Ha!

Melaina25 said...

I only ever do one fancy nail...because I am also lazy. And I haven't tried a caviar manicure because I know I'll immediately pick all the beads off.

Melaina25 said...

I will need to look past your ring to look at your nail, and that is impossible. That sapphire ring is stunning!!!

Melaina25 said...

You did such a great job on each, super festive for this time of year! I've also tried the caviar and had the same result the first time but tried a super heavy top coat next time and it held up a bit longer!

Melaina25 said...

I love painting my nails. It's totally a great way to express yourself!!!!! I have bright red sparkly nails right now. Love your nails. Thank you for the link up. Don't forget to join me tomorrow for my weekly tres-chic fashion thursday link up.


Agi:)


vodkainfusedlemonade.com

Melaina25 said...

I am NOT a nail lady. I bite mine off! However, I can appreciate the lovely nails you painted! Cuuute!
-Karen
www.yourstylistkaren.com

Melaina25 said...

Love your nails! I used to never paint mine because they never last, but I've recently started to get more into it. Even if it only lasts a few days it's so fun to try new colors and styles!

Melaina25 said...

Love the blue nail polish! So great for the holidays!!!

Xx Kelly
http://www.panache-lifestyle.com/

Melaina25 said...

Your nail art is beautiful. I especially love the Golden Taupe Color. It is subtle yet sparkly enough. Perfect for the Holidays. =)


It would be nice of you to stop by my blog as well. So welcome by! My pleasure linking up. =)

Melaina25 said...

I bought a nail art set a while ago and keep forgetting (or not having the time/energy) to try it out. You've inspired me. I must dig it out! x

Melaina25 said...

Love the nails! Linking up with you today!

Dana
- http://somethingood26.blogspot.com

Melaina25 said...

Oooh sounds very festive!

Melaina25 said...

Go for it! Worst case scenario you just take it off :)

Melaina25 said...

I will have to try that next time!

Melaina25 said...

It is tanzanite but thank you!

Melaina25 said...

Glad to know it's not just me :)

Melaina25 said...

Ha I love it! I want to see what she does to your nails :)

Melaina25 said...

I liked the idea of caviar more than the actual thing.

Melaina25 said...

I've gotten a lot better over time with mine.

Melaina25 said...

Glad it's not just me :)

Melaina25 said...

Don't get me started on hair; I've not had mine done since June :-/

Melaina25 said...

Statements are the best!

Melaina25 said...

The tips totally fell off over night.

Melaina25 said...

I just wish they were more durable!

Melaina25 said...

It was a Ciate caviar nail kit that came in a magazine :)

Melaina25 said...

They are my favourite too!

Melaina25 said...

Both such festive looks! I'm like you - I do not have the patience or time for nail art. I love the look but have only managed to do the statement nail one time. I don't know how ladies find the time and patience to keep such fabulous looking nails all the time!

Amy @ http://www.thegiftedgabber.com/

Melaina25 said...

I don't like caviar nails, but as an accent it really works on your nails!